4th World Summit on Echocardiography and 7th Brazilian Congress of Cardiovascular Imaging
Windsor OceanicoRio De Janeiro, BRAZIL Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Friends & Colleagues,
We are delighted to welcome you to Rio de Janeiro, one of the most vibrant and colourful cities of Brazil, for the fourth edition of the World Summit on Echocardiography (WES).
Organised by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EAVCI), the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) and the Brazilian Department of Cardiovascular Imaging (DIC), with the collaboration of a consortium of Scientific societies in Echocardiography, we aim to provide cardiovascular ultrasound training in places where it makes a true difference to your daily practice.
It has become extremely important to detect and treat cardiovascular disease at an early stage to prevent serious sequelae and chronic disease burden. Herein lies the major value of cardiac imaging. The WES 2017 has a very rich agenda involving all aspects of cardiovascular disease with special emphasis on clinical echocardiography. Various topics will be discussed including state-of-the art echocardiography, the continental clashes, clinical problem solving, pitfalls and recommendations, as well as emerging field on structural heart disease intervention.
We have managed critical balance and have been able to include all topics of clinical interest related to adult echocardiography, vascular imaging, and congenital heart disease.
Whether you are here to present, learn or share your science & knowledge, be sure to capitalise on this unique opportunity to engage, discuss and evolve in your field. During the meeting, there will be opportunities for abstract presentations along with interesting cases from all over the world.
You will certainly experience the nice blend of fun, entertainment, fine dining and gain of genuine and skillful knowledge during these 2.5 days.
We can assure you that by attending the conference you will enhance your knowledge in your respective field of interest and will fill the educational gap between current practice and the recommended practice of cardiovascular imaging at the international standard.
On behalf of the organizing committee we assure you all that memories of this important attendance of yours at Rio will be a memorable event forever.
Prof. Patrizio LANCELLOTTI, EACVI Chair of WES 2017
Prof. Roberto Lang, ASE Chair of WES 2017
Prof. Samira Saady Mohry, DIC Chair of WES 2017
» ADENALVA LIMA DE SOUZA BECK
» ADRIANA MELLO RODRIGUES DOS SANTOS
» ADRIANA SOARES XAVIER DE BRITO
» AFONSO AKIO SHIOZAKI
» AFONSO YOSHIKIRO MATSUMOTO
» ALESSANDRO CAVALCANTI LIANZA
» ALEX LEE
» ANA CARLA MARUO PALIS
» ANA CLARA TUDE RODRIGUES
» ANA CLAUDIA GOMES PEREIRA PETISC
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
R. Martinho de Mesquita, 129 - Barra da Tijuca
Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
1) Please register for the event through the website. Fees do not have to be paid at the time of registration; payments can be made after acceptance of your abstract has been confirmed.
IMPORTANT: All abstracts must be submitted through the official Congress website.
2) Log in to the restricted area with the username and password that you have selected during registration.
3) Click on “Restricted - My Abstracts” on the left side of the page.
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Fill in all fields of the online form. 5) The submission of an abstract implies acceptance of the rules of submission, review, selection and assignment to specific presentation format, awards and commitment of presentation. Please indicate your agreement by ticking the respective box. By accepting the rules, you will not be able to present future contestations.
6) After submitting your abstracts, click on "Log out".
7) After submitting the abstract, the submitter will receive an email confirming the information provided. Please check if all information is correct. If there is any mistake, log in to the restricted area again and make the necessary changes. Changes are only possible until submission deadline.
8) The author must complete all fields in the online form. All communications related to the scientific work will be sent only to this author through the registered e-mail.
9) If you do not receive the automatic confirmation email of the submission on the same day, the abstract has not been submitted correctly. In this case, please send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) reporting your problem.
10) To access the event website again, just use your username and password. In case you do not remember your login data, use the “forgot your password?” option at the top of the page.
» Ecocardiografia de cardiopatias adquiridas
» Ecocardiografia de cardiopatias congênitas
» Ecografia Vascular
» Imagem cardiovascular
• Abstracts can be submitted only in English.
• The deadline for abstract submission is: Thursday, June 08, 2017
• The official language of the Congress is English.
• There is no limit of abstracts per author. Nonetheless, one author is only allowed to present up to two abstracts.
• There is no limit of institutions, one main author and fourteen other co-authors will be allowed per abstract (total of 15 authors). Please list the authors in the desired order.
• The results of will be published in the author's restricted area in the "My Abstracts" menu on Tuesday, August 08, 2017.
• After receiving confirmation of acceptance, the submitting person of the abstract should confirm payment of registration fees until 18/09/2017. The presentation must be made by the one indicated when submitting the work. If it is not possible, another author of the work should make the presentation, as long as he is enrolled in the event and has paid the registration fee.
• Registration fees are listed in the “Registration” menu of the congress website and are independent of the approval date of the abstract. In order to guarantee any discount, payment of the fees needs to be made within the deadlines.
Affirmation of Originality and Copyrights transfer statement
• The submitter certifies that he/she has permission from all persons enters as co-authors to be listed in this abstract and that they are aware that their names will appear in all publications.
• By submitting your paper to the event (DIC, EACVI and ASE), you consent to have authors’ names, affiliation and biographical material used in connection with the publication.
• Author(s) represents and warrants that he/she/they is/are sole author(s) of the work, that all authors have participated in and agree with the content and conclusions of the work, and that the work is original and does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party.
• The submitter hereby affirms that the work submitted is original, except for extracts from copyrighted works fully authorized by the copyright holders, and that all statements declared as facts are based on thorough examination and investigation for accurateness.
• Submitted abstracts should not have been published in any other journals and/or online publications nor presented at any previous international congress. However, former presentation at national meetings and/or non cardiovascular specialists meetings does not disqualify.
• The content belongs to the author(s). However, if the abstract is accepted the submitter agrees, on behalf of all co-authors, to transfer and assign the rights to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute copies and prepare derivative works such as press releases. Author(s) retain the right, after presentation at the Congress, to subsequently include the work in articles, books, or derivative works that he/she authors or edits, provided said use does not imply the endorsement of the organiser The submitter signs for all coauthors. He/she accepts responsibility for the present rules for submission and presentation on behalf of all co-authors.
Please note: all materials produced on basis of the abstracts (such as publications in scientific journals) will be faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to change title, summary or authors after submission deadline. We emphasize that all provided information is of entire responsibility of the submitting author.
Instructions for Abstract preparation
• The title of the paper should be in a concise and descriptive manner, with a maximum of 200 characters. The first letter of each word in the title must be uppercase.
• The abstract should not have more than 3000 characters including spaces; Copy and paste from Word is possible. Nonetheless, configuration errors are possible. Please check thoroughly before submitting your texts.
• The name of the Institutions where the work was developed must be written in full. The first letter of each word must be uppercase. There should be no abbreviations.
• The abstracts must obey the following rules of typing and formatting:
Original paper: Introduction, Objectives, Methodology, Results and Conclusions.
Case Reports: Introduction, Case Description, and Comments.
• Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange experience between professionals, Scientific Committee recommends that only send reports of common cases with atypical evolution or rare cases of major relevance.
• Bibliographic references should not be included.
• The Institution or Institutions where the research was done, as well as the names of the authors, should NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The abstract contents should be associated with the topic selected.
• Graphs and tables will be accepted. Please submit in PDF format.
• Results using statements such as “results will be presented” or “data will be analyzed” will not be accepted.
• Trade names are not allowed, only generic drug names, written in lowercase letters.
Abstracts will be reviewed by four peer-reviewers. The reviewer will give individual notes fom 0-10 on the following criteria. Grades will not be published after the evaluation:
Scientific / clinical interest;
Consistency in the description of results, objectives and conclusions;
Presentation of data;
Writing and correct use of language.
Instructions for Approved Abstracts and Publications
• The abstracts will be published in the Revista Arquivos Brasileiros de Imagem Cardiovascular and in the other electronic media of the DIC, exactly the way they were submitted. The publication is a form of proof for curricular purposes.
• After the evaluation, information about day and time of the presentation will be available in the restricted area of the submitting author and previously stipulated in the scientific program of the congress.
All accepted abstracts will be presented on digital poster format.
Submission deadline for digital posters through the Congress website is: 22/09/2017
Presentation time is 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for discussion and questions.
The Scientific Committee will designate on-site the Evaluation Commission that will visit the abstracts and it is mandatory the presence of one of the authors at the specified time for the presentation.
Please note: Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author(s) to present the work if accepted. Failure to present the poster, if not justified (withdrawn), will be identified as “no-show” and will jeopardize future acceptance of abstracts. In addition, abstracts identified as “no-show” will be removed from all Congress publications.
Guidelines for Poster Format
1) The digital poster file must be created in PowerPoint (Windows version) and should be 27,5 cm wide X 48,9 cm high. Only create a single slide, in portrait format, with a maximum of 2MB.
2) Save the document in JPEG format – click on “Save as” and then “Other formats”
3) There is no requirement as to the number of characters, color and font. Figures and graphics may be included. Please make sure that text and graphic are well readable.
4) To send the poster file, the abstract submitter needs to enter his/her restricted area and click on “My abstracts”. Click on the following link below the abstract title: [insert presentation]
5) The poster file can be edited until the submission deadline by clicking on the link [edit presentation].
6) The author must inform an e-mail address at the end of the e-poster.
7) It is possible to add a video to the poster as well. Video length should be limited to 30 seconds.
a. Access YouTube: www.youtube.com
b. Create a new account or log on to an existing account.
c. Click on the “Send video” button on the top of the page
d. Choose a video saved on your computer. YouTube accepts the following file formats:
i. AVI (Audio Video Interleaved)
ii. 3GP (Mobile Phones)
iii. MOV (Mac)
iv. MP4 (iPod/PSP)
v. MPEG or MPG (Motion Picture Experts Group)
vi. FLV (Adobe Flash)
vii. SWF (Shockwave Flash)
viii. M4V (h.264)
ix. WMV (Windows Media Video)
x. WEBM (HTML5)
e. Click on “Upload Video”.
f. Enter the details. Required information includes the title of the video, the description of the video, the category the video belongs to and its tags.
g. Change the Privacy Settings of the video to “not listed”. This way, the video will only be visible to whom has the link.
h. Enter the Advanced Options and choose whether comments can be made below the video or not
i. Click on the “Save” button. All settings will be in place once the video is uploaded
j. In order to save the video link in the poster file, click on “Share Video” and copy the provided link into the poster file.
Conflict of interest
• It is mandatory to display the conflict of interests related to the abstract at the bottom of the poster slide, indicating disclosure information for all coauthors. Please state "None" if no conflicts exist.
• This will allow the audience to take potential conflicts of interest into account when assessing the objectivity of the presentation.
• A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationship, etc.
• This pertains to relationships with pharmaceutical companies, biomedical device manufacturers, or other corporations whose products or services are related to the subject matter of the article.
• Such relationships include, but are not limited to, employment by an industrial concern, ownership of stock, membership on a standing advisory council or committee, being on the board of directors, or being publicly associated with the company or its products.
• Other areas of real or perceived conflict of interest could include receiving honoraria or consulting fees or receiving grants or funds from such corporations or individuals representing such corporations.
More information, please contact
Paola Francine, from CCM Worldwide Medical Congresses:
Phone: +55 (11) 3061 1495
Contact No.: 919.861.5574