9TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THROMBOSIS & HEMOSTASIS ISSUES IN CANCER
University of BergamoBERGAMO, ITALY Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
We are excited to be able to update you on the progress of planning for the next meeting, which will be the 9th ICTHIC. The success of the previous seven ICTHIC conferences, which have been held, in general, every other year, beginning in 2001, has been a testament to all of you, who have participated in the continued growth of this important field.
We have all observed rapid expansion of knowledge (both basic and clinical) and interest in this important subject (thrombosis and hemorrhage in malignancy), which has prompted us to convene again in the fabled old city of Bergamo Alta (Bergamo Uptown).
The next meeting will be from April 13-15, 2018, at the Monumental Complex of "Sant'Agostino" ( University of Bergamo) – please save these dates on your calendars. We believe that Bergamo Alta will satisfy both the desire to have a special venue and the concern for an adequate meeting space.
We hope that the ambiance will help to promote a fruitful scientific discussion. As always, the principal goal of this special meeting is to foster new collaborations in a friendly atmosphere and a relaxed environment.
Stay tuned for more news and previews of the sessions by visiting the completely renovated website of the meeting at www.icthic.com
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Monumental Complex of "Sant'Agostino"
University of Bergamo
Piazzale Sant'Agostino 2
Bergamo - Upper Town
The monumental complex of Sant'Agostino, placed on Bergamo Upper Town's slopes, will serve as the host site for the 9th International Conference on Thormbosis and Hemostasis Issues in Cancer.
It is considered the place of knowledge by peer, center of culture since its origins in the late 13th century.
Since 2001, it is one of the campuses of Bergamo University and recent restoration works permitted to transform the "ex church" of Sant' Agostino into the University Lecture Hall.
Abstract submission deadline 2017-12-04
The ICTHIC Scientific Committee cordially invites you to submit abstracts for consideration at the 9th ICTHIC. The Committee will select abstracts for either oral presentations or posters.
Deadline for abstract submission: December 4th, 2017
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
1. Abstract(s) must be written in English
2. Abstract(s) may be submitted online only
3. Abstract(s) must be prepared as follows:
- Abstract Title: Titles of abstracts must be in sentence case.
- Authors: Put initial(s) followed by a dot to represent forename(s), followed by full surname/family name(s). Please do not use full capitals to indicate family names. A superscript number must indicate affiliations after each author.
- Affiliations: List affiliations preceded by their superscript number.
- Presenting Author: The presenting author should preferably be the corresponding author, but may be one of the co-authors listed on the submitted abstract. If the corresponding author is not the presenting author, please provide his/her data (Name, email) in the abstract form.
- Body text: Abstract text must be no longer than 400 words and organized in paragraphs, i.e.: Introduction – Aim – Materials and Methods - Results – Conclusions.
- Attachments: One table or one figure may be added to each abstract. Table must be submitted as a Word file, and Figure as a jpeg file.
4. Please indicate your conflict(s) of interest (if any) in the Abstract form.
5. Each corresponding author may present more than one abstract.
6. Authors may modify/withdraw their abstract(s) until the Abstract submission deadline.
7. Any late or inappropriately formatted submissions will be rejected.
REVIEW, ACCEPTANCE & NOTIFICATION
Once the submission is concluded, the corresponding author will receive an automatic confirmation by email with an abstract number to which he/she will need to refer for any inquiries. Attention: if you do not receive an automatic message after submission please drop us an email immediately: email@example.com
1. The Scientific Committee will review all submissions and decide on the abstracts to be presented as either Oral Presentations or Posters.
2. After the review period, authors will be notified of the selection decision made by the Scientific Committee by the end of January, 2017.
GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Accepted abstracts will be published in a special issue of the journal Thrombosis Research
2. The Scientific Committee will not accept submissions that do not conform to the established format for review.
3. Submission of abstracts constitutes the author(s)’ consent to have the abstracts published in the Abstract Book.
The ICTHIC Congress is an excellent opportunity for companies and other non-profit organizations to demonstrate their active role in the field of thrombosis and hemorrhage in cancer. Several opportunities will be available for companies and organizations to attend the congress.
Download the 9th ICTHIC sponsor brochure and take a look at the sponsorship opportunities available.
Organizing Secretariat , Servizi Congressuali ed Eventi Culturali