Combined Courses : Introduction to Abdominal/Primary Care and OB/GYN Ultrasound Education
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute *Saint Petersburg, USA Visit the Venue to read more
Combined Courses : Introduction to Abdominal/Primary Care and OB/GYN Ultrasound Education is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GUI) Inc and would be held during Jun 5 - 10, 2017 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States Of America. The Target audience for this medical event is basically for Sonographers, physicians, PAs and other medical professionals learning how to perform and/or interpret abdominal and OB/GYN sonography. Participants may include (but are not limited to) those involved with: primary care, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, emergency medicine, critical care, hospitalists, trauma, gastroenterology, and urology. This CME conferences has been approved with 44 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
• Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret abdominal ultrasound examinations.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Perform scan protocols and routine measurements that are utilized during an abdominal ultrasound evaluation.
• Identify normal/abnormal imaging characteristics of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and abdominal vasculature.
• Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis (optional lecture).
• Demonstrate routine examination protocols associated with the ultrasound evaluation of renal artery stenosis (optional lecture).
• Differentiate normal/abnormal characteristics for the evaluation of the thyroid, testes/scrotum, and appendix.
• Perform ultrasound evaluation of the trauma patient (FAST exam).
• Demonstrate the use of ultrasound for evaluation of soft-tissue pathology.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
• Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret gynecology and obstetrical ultrasound examinations.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produc diagnostic images
• Demonstrate routine scan protocols for performing transabdominal & endovaginal GYN scanning, and 1st trimester obstetric applications.
• State the normal and abnormal imaging characteristics of the ovaries and uterus and differentiate commonly seen pathology.
• List the indications and ultrasound findings for suspicion of an ectopic pregnancy.
• Identify normal fetal anatomy and perform biophysical profile.
• Apply appropriate measurement techniques to assess fetal dates and appropriate fetal development.
• Recognize commonly seen fetal abnormalities and their corresponding ultrasound imaging characteristics.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
4615 Gulf Boulevard
Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States Of America