Comprehensive Colposcopy and HRA Courses
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine #San Diego, USA
Comprehensive Colposcopy and HRA Courses is organized by American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP) and would be held during Jul 26 - 29, 2017 at Hyatt Regency La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States of America.
This CME conference has been approved with a maximum of 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Upon completion of this educational activity and its post-test and evaluation tool, the participant should be able to:
• Describe the anatomy, cytology, histology, and colposcopic findings of the normal and abnormal cervix, vagina, and vulva (medical knowledge);
• Elicit and document an appropriate history including risk factors for lower genital tract neoplasia (medical knowledge, practice-based learning);
• Define the pathophysiology of lower genital tract neoplasia, including the role of oncogenic HPV in preinvasive and invasive diseases of the cervix, vagina, and vulva (medical knowledge);
• Define the Bethesda System of cervicovaginal terminology (medical knowledge);
• Apply new standards for cervical cancer screening, including HPV testing (systems-based practice); • Describe the prevention of cervical neoplasia and genital warts using prophylactic HPV vaccines (medical knowledge);
• Discuss the challenges of colposcopy and management of cervical neoplasia for selected patient populations such as adolescents, women infected with HIV, underserved women, and pregnant women (medical knowledge, practice-based learning, patient outcomes)
• Perform appropriate cytologic sampling, colposcopic evaluation, and biopsies (including endocervical sampling), and become familiar with instrumentation and necessary supplies (practice-based learning);
• Recognize the diagnostic characteristics of cervical abnormalities (low-grade and high-grade cervical lesions as well as adenocarcinoma in-situ and cervical cancer) on cytologic, colposcopic, and histologic exam (practice-based learning);
• Interpret and correlate cytologic, colposcopic, and histologic results (practice-based learning);
• Formulate a plan of care for the management of women with Pap test abnormalities according to the most recent ASCCP Consensus Guidelines, the ASCUS/LSIL Triage Study (ALTS), and other evidence-based guidelines (practice-based learning, systems-based practice, patient outcomes);
• Describe, but not perform, treatment options to include cryosurgery and electrosurgical loop excision procedure (LEEP) of the cervix (practice-based learning).
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, California, United States Of America