Molecular Analysis for Personalised (MAP) Therapy 2017
Swissotel ZurichZurich, SWITZERLAND Visit the Venue to read more
We are pleased to announce the 3rd edition of the Molecular Analysis for Personalised therapy (MAP) meeting, to be held in Zurich, October 13-14 2017.
A joint initiative of Cancer Research UK, UNICANCER and ESMO, this conference will explore clinical interpretation of molecular tests for metastatic cancers.
The development of new biotechnologies has revolutionised the applications of personalised therapy in metastatic cancer. It is now possible to perform multigene sequencing for cancer patients, either in clinical trials, or in routine use.
Unfortunately, while the technologies are robust, the interpretations of these molecular analyses is still a matter of debate, and there is a need to understand which molecular alterations should be targeted in cancer patients.
We recently outlined the need for such a conference in Annals of Oncology:
"Regular consensus meeting and transparency of data reporting (both positive and negative) will likely form a vital component of research community efforts to share experience and inform the next generation of clinical trials… These efforts should optimally be done under the sponsorship of an international scientific society."
The MAP conference will equip clinicians and researchers to interpret clearly the molecular analyses of their patients.
Scientific presentations by international leaders will highlight the latest advances in the field of personalised medicine for cancer patients.
Genomic clinical cases will offer some real-life examples of clinical interpretation in this field of genetic science.
Roundtable discussions will allow participants to exchange on how to prioritise targets in cancer patients.
We hope to see you at this exciting conference, where we discuss this emerging topic in detail and offer oncologists practical solutions for clinical treatment.
MAP Founders and Scientific Board
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
We invite you to consider presenting a Poster at MAP.
Poster presentations describing molecular alterations for clinical practice work in the following areas are welcome:
• Therapeutic targets in cancer
• Tumour microenvironment and treatment resistance
• New models and technologies for personalised medicine
• Treatment advances in central nervous system tumours
• Understanding the broader tumour microenvironment
• Macroevolution and impact on treatment resistance
• Personalised medicine applied to immunotherapeutics
At least one of the abstract authors must be present at the conference.
All questions pertaining to the MAP poster submission should be directed to email@example.com
The best abstracts from young oncologists (under 40 years old) will be selected for oral presentation.
A restricted number of travel grants for MAP 2017 are available, upon application, to first author (the presenter) of candidates under the age of 40 who submit abstracts considered deserving of recognition. Selection will be made by the MAP 2017 Scientific Committee on a competitive basis from among the accepted abstracts.
To apply for a travel grant, the following documents must be received by the MAP Conference secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before August 4, 2017:
1. A letter of introduction by the applicant. Please include the following general information:
• How relevant are the topics presented during the MAP conference to your current practice and research?
• Have you attended any event on a similar topic in the last 3 years?
• How do you believe your attendance at the MAP conference will help you improve your knowledge in the field and your professional development?
• How do you consider that the findings published in your abstract make a relevant contribution to the topics presented during this conference?
• Have you previously been awarded a MAP travel grant? If yes, when?
2. A copy of the submitted abstract (the applicant must be the first author and presenter)
3. A readable photocopy of either identity card or passport
4. A short curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Documentation must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
The MAP 2017 organisers will provide the recipients of this travel grant with congress registration, two nights accommodation and a limited travel stipend.
Travel grant recipients must submit a report detailing the benefits of participating in MAP 2017 by November 12, 2017.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
PUBLICATION OF ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS:
Accepted abstracts will be edited in the "Annals of Oncology" journal.
The abstract must not exceed 500 words, and should be organized as follows:
• Clinical trial identification (if applicable)
• Legal entity responsible for the study
• Disclosure (for all listed authors)
Authors’ full names and affiliations must be specified; surnames should be in capital letters.
All abstracts should be submitted in English.
A maximum of TWO abstracts from a presenter will be considered.
The scientific committee.
Deadline for submissions : August 4, 2017.
The organisers gratefully acknowledge the following companies and institutions
for their financial support of the MAP 2016 conference.
Contact No.: +33 (0)1 41 92 01 27
Contact No.: +33 (0)1 41 92 01 27