12TH ASIAN & OCEANIAN EPILEPSY CONGRESS
Prime Plaza Hotel and Convention CentreBALI, INDONESIA Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
It is with great pleasure that we announce that the 12th Asian & Oceanian Epilepsy Congress (AOEC) will take place in Bali, Indonesia from the 28th June to the 1st July 2018 and we cordially invite you to join us for what is expected to be the most important gathering in the region for all those working in the field of epilepsy in 2018.
The programme will cover cutting‐edge lectures by the world’s top scientists and epileptologists with the main sessions focusing on “Personalized medicine in epilepsy”, “Epilepsy surgery in patients with normal MRI”, “Infections of the nervous system and epilepsy” and “Genetic investigations in epileptic encephalopathies”. Along with a carefully selected balance of post main, parallel and practical sessions and excellent workshops and didactic lectures provided by ASEPA, this promises to be an exceptional congress.
There is a strong emphasis on high quality platform and poster presentations and we encourage you all to prepare your work for abstract submission.
Bali is an Indonesian island famed for its beauty with forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies and coral reefs. There is an endless sense of peacefulness from the magnificent temples, meditation centres and the compelling smiles of the local people. It is renowned for its highly developed arts, including traditional dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalworking and music and everyone will be impressed with the standard of cuisine. It is the perfect backdrop for the 12th AOEC.
We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in Bali in June.
With our best wishes,
Kurnis KUSUMASTUTI, co-chair
Byung-In LEE, co-chair
Parthasarthy SATISHCHANDRA , co-chair
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
The venue for the 12th AOEC is the Prime Plaza Hotel in Sanur. This four star hotel commands a strategic location, just minutes from the centre of Sanur with its abundance of shops and restaurants as well as the famous Sanur beach, plus it is also a short drive to the many cultural and natural attractions of Bali. Furthermore, one of Bali’s most famous golf courses is next door.
All of the 329 guest rooms surround a tropical garden courtyard and pool. Each room is comfortably appointed with modern touches but retain the calming Balinese accent on décor.
The hotel features two award-winning restaurants, two bars, a modern fitness centre and a luxurious spa.
A special rate of US$75 per room per night is available to 12th AOEC delegates. This rate includes:
• 21 % Government tax & service charge
• Daily breakfast for 1 or 2 persons
• Wireless and high speed broadband internet access for 2 access in each room
• Free use of the hotel’s gym, sauna and jacuzzi
• Free shuttle service to Sanur shopping area on daily basis
Guest room amenities include: Tea & coffee making facilities, 24 hr room service, Safe, Wireless internet for up to two devices, Air-conditioning.
Please click here in order to submit your abstract for the 12th AOEC.
The abstract submission system has been extended; it will now close at 20:00 Indonesian time on Sunday 4th March 2018. This will be the final deadline.
Please email email@example.com with any queries.
Abstract submission deadline 2018-03-04
Abstracts will not be accepted unless they are submitted online via the online abstract submission system before 20:00 Indonesian time on Sunday 4th March 2018. Late abstracts will NOT be accepted. Abstracts submitted by post, fax or email will not be considered.
2. All abstracts should be written, submitted and presented in English with a maximum word count of 300 words (not including the abstract title, authors and institutions).
3. Authors will be notified in writing by 23rd March 2018 as to whether or not their abstract has been approved by the Abstract Review Committee (ARC). The decision of the ARC is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Once an abstract has been approved, the presenting author must register for the entire congress for final acceptance. An abstract presenter may not register as a day delegate. Non-registered authors will be excluded from publication in the 12th AOEC Final Programme.
5. Abstracts accepted and presented at the congress will be published, subject to editorial review, in the 12th AOEC Final Programme.
6. Instructions for both platform and poster presentations will be available on the congress website. Authors selected for oral presentations should use Microsoft PowerPoint only (PC Format).
7. All correspondence will be sent to the submitting author only. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to forward any relevant correspondence to the presenting author.
8. Each author is permitted to present once (not including invited lectures).
Abstract Content Rules
1. Abstract submitters should ensure that the version sent is the final one; changes will not be permitted once the deadline has passed.
2. Institution information should be provided for all authors. Please include institution, city, state/province and country but exclude department, division, laboratory, etc.
The Asian & Oceanian Epilepsy Congress provides an educational environment dedicated to the exchange of scientific research, training and learning.
Take advantage of exposure to an interested and relevant audience. Sponsors and their representatives will be in a position to interact with international professionals and there are many and varied opportunities for companies interested in supporting the congress.
An industry exhibition will also be held in conjunction with the congress. The exhibition is an integral part of the congress, affording delegates an opportunity to learn about new products and services relevant to the field of epilepsy. Delegates will have the opportunity to explore the exhibits and expand their learning.
Please view the Invitation to Industry file in the drop down menu under INDUSTRY SUPPORT. Should you have any questions or require any further information on sponsorship opportunities at the 12th AOEC, please contact the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ILAE-IBE Congress Secretariat
7 Priory Office Park,
Tel.: +353 1 2056720
Fax: +353 1 2056156