14th Annual Heart Failure Holiday Symposium
Northwestern Memorial Hospital *CHICAGO, USA Visit the Venue to read more
14th Annual Heart Failure Holiday Symposium is organized by Meeting Achievements and will be held from Nov 30 - Dec 01, 2018 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, family practice, internal medicine, hospitalists, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, cardiology and cardiac surgery fellows and residents in training involved in the diagnosis and management of adult patients with heart failure or at risk for heart failure. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This symposium is respected as a top tier regional heart failure meeting, and is once again endorsed by the Heart Failure Society of America (HFSA). Critical updates and thoughtful contemporary reviews delivered by national experts in the field, including recognized Northwestern faculty, have been the hallmark of this program. This year we will once again assemble leading cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses, and psychologists with expertise in heart failure and cardiac surgery to provide updates on the very latest clinical, scientific, genetic, behavioral and technological advances for managing patients with heart failure.
• Review pertinent new findings targeting the prevention of heart failure.
• Describe the evaluation and treatment approach to various cardiomyopathies including those which are heritable.
• Describe critical concepts related to the management of cardiorenal syndrome.
• Identify the approaches used in different heart failure syndromes such as preserved ejection fraction, reduced and recovered ejection fraction.
• Recognize the key diagnostic and treatment nuances associated with restrictive cardiac physiology.
• Describe the surgical and percutaneous options for patients with heart failure and valvular heart disease.
• Describe the current state of cardio-oncology, especially with respect to the failing heart.
• Debate the various options for acute mechanical circulatory support.
• Summarize the approach to developing a multidisciplinary heart failure program.
• Explain the pros and cons to the current heart failure reduction readmission program including potential unintended consequences.
• Describe special effects of heart failure syndromes on brain behavior and cognition.
• Explore emerging trends in the digital era including how to leverage these technologies and incorporate them into your heart failure program.
• Describe the key considerations when managing fluids, electrolytes, and nutrition in the heart failure patient.
• Explore various surgical and interventional therapies for heart failure.
• Describe the controversies and usage of ICDs in patients with heart failure.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Contact No.: +1 219-465-1115
Contact No.: +1 219-465-1115