19TH ANNUAL PAEDIATRIC ANAESTHESIA CONGRESS OF SOUTH AFRICA
Sunnyside Park HotelJOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA Visit the Venue to read more
South Africa operates two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time throughout the year, making it an hour ahead of Central European Winter Time, seven hours ahead of Eastern Standard Winter Time and seven hours behind Australian Central Time.
Passports and Visas
All visitors to South Africa must be in possession of a valid passport in order to enter the country, and in some cases, a visa. However, it is important to note that under South Africa's Immigration Act of 2002 (Act. 13 of 2002) in force since 7 April 2003, (a) Immigration Act, 2002 the passport shall contain at least THREE unused page when presenting the passport for endorsements. Failure to have a clear page can result in entry being refused.
Passports need to be valid for a minimum of 6 months after your departure date from South Africa.
To determine whether you require a visa to enter South Africa, visit the comprehensive South African Home Affairs Department website at: Click here
For South African missions abroad: Click here
The seasons in the Southern Hemisphere are directly opposite to those of the Northern Hemisphere. For summer months, lightweight (cottons and linens), short-sleeved clothes are best, although a light jersey/jumper might be needed for the cooler evenings. Umbrellas and raincoats are essential for the summers and the Western Capes winters. Warmer clothes are needed for the winter months.
Banks and Money
The currency unit is the Rand, denoted by the symbol R, with 100 cents making up R1 (one Rand). Foreign currency can be exchanged at local banks and Bureaux de Changes. Most major international credit cards such as American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa and their affiliates are widely accepted.
Click here for currency converter.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Sunnyside Park Hotel
In the heart of “Old Johannesburg” lies a gem, the Sunnyside Park Hotel. The hotel combines the charm and grace of a bygone era with amenities and services on the 21st Century.
This hotel perfectly melds romantic dreams of a time when things were simpler with all the facilities needed to compete in a fast paced world. Originally built in 1895, this Victorian-style Monument Status Hotel has been completely refurbished and will ensure that your every desire is catered to.
Address: Princess of Wales Terrace, Johannesburg, 2041
Tel: +27 11 640 0400
1. Delegates wishing to present poster presentations are invited to submit a short summary for consideration. Results must be clearly presented in the abstract and no late abstracts will be accepted.
2. Abstract submissions to be submitted via email by 15 July 2015 to Lizl Fyffe: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Congress Academic Committee reserves the right to select posters for presentation.
4. Abstracts received will be acknowledged and notification of acceptance or rejection will be by email by 31 July 2015.
5. All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the congress by 15 September 2015. If no registration and payment for the congress has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme. This measure has been taken to overcome any "no-shows" disrupting the programme.
6. Please read the submission requirements carefully as abstracts submitted will not be changed later.
7. Conflict of Interest: If the research is funded (partially or fully) by a proprietary organisation, a statement to that effect must be included at the bottom of the abstract.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
The poster panels will be no larger than 120cm high and 75cm wide (portrait style). Please be aware that there is no space for excessive sizes. Presenters are to provide their own adhesive for installation. Presenters are expected to describe their work during the relevant session – each presenter will be allocated five (5) minutes for this, using only the relevant poster as a visual aid.
Biography: Please provide a biograhy as the chairperson will use this to introduce each speaker. The presenting speaker does not have to be the first author.
Title: Please advise the full title of the proposed presentation.
Co-authors: Please advise full names and contact information.
Co-presenters: Please advise if another author will be co-presenting the paper with you at the congress.
Text: Your body text should not exceed 300 words.
Exhibition and Sponsorship always contributes to the success of a congress. Should your company be able to exhibit or sponsor, please contact the congress organisers. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Information & Enquiries:
Eastern Sun Events
Phone: +27 (0)41 374 5654