1st Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN)
Messe BerlinBerlin, GERMANY Visit the Venue to read more
On behalf of the European Academy of Neurology and the German Society of Neurology we are pleased to invite you to the 1st Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), taking place in Berlin from June 20 to 23, 2015. Today, Berlin is one of the world’s most vibrant capitals, with an impressive cultural, scientific and economic scene, attracting politicians and business travellers, start-ups and artists, tourists and connoisseurs from around the globe. The city is also emerging as the centre of German healthcare, last but not least due to the Charité Hospital, the largest clinic in Europe, counting 3200 beds and 7000 medical and healthcare students and many medical research institutes.
Berlin has a long neurological history. It was here that Moritz Heinrich Romberg wrote the ‘Lehrbuch der Nervenkrankheiten des Menschen’, a frontier breaking mid-19th century textbook which is seen as the foundation of modern neurology. Almost 25 years after the fall of the wall, the once divided city of Berlin today symbolizes peaceful revolution, the overthrow of outworn systems and the venture into a new political era. The 1st Congress of the EAN will also write European neurological history. EAN is the joint subsequent organisation of the EFNS (European Federation of Neurological Societies) and ENS (European Neurological Society), and thereby the first united voice of European Neurology. This founding act was celebrated on June 3rd, 2014 at the Joint Congress of European Neurology in Istanbul. The first congress of this new Society will be celebrated in the united Berlin.
The EAN Congress in Berlin will provide the ideal platform for continuing education in all fields of neurology, covering a broad spectrum of topics with state-of-the-art lectures by renowned experts. The EAN is dedicated to providing the highest quality of continuing medical education and to opening professional education opportunities. We are deeply grateful to the Programme Committee and their chairpersons Jacques L. De Reuck and Gustave Moonen and to the many people organizing this major event.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Berlin in 2015,
Günther Deuschl Wolfgang H. Oertel
President of the Local Convener
European Academy of Neurology Past President German Society
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Accommodation in hotels of various price categories in Berlin (during the congress period) has been reserved for the participants of the 1st EAN congress.
Official housing agency
EAN has designated event-travel specialist Congrex Travel to serve as the official housing agency.
Congrex Travel Ltd.
Peter Merian-Strasse 80
4002 Basel / Switzerland
Tel. +41 (0) 61 690 94 11
Fax. +41 (0) 61 690 94 14
The Programme Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts on any neurological topic. The committee will decide the form of presentation: oral or poster. If you do not want to give a platform presentation, please select “poster” when submitting your abstract. If you have no special preference, please select “poster or oral” when submitting your abstract. Authors will be notified of the method of presentation, which will be decided by the Programme Committee. Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement to the European Journal of Neurology, online at the conference website 2 weeks prior to the conference and on CD-ROM provided that the Programme Committee considers them suitable for publication.
Bursaries and Tournament
Neurologists born on or after 1 January 1980 may apply for a bursary and participation in the Tournament for Young Neurologists. Please click the appropriate checkbox during the online abstract submission process and upload the necessary documents.
Abstracts of Invited Speakers
Invited speakers will receive specific instructions for submission of abstracts. A special link will be provided for invited speakers.
Guideline for abstract submission
1. Abstracts must be submitted online.
If you have no access to the internet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxed abstracts are not acceptable.
2. Authors's details: Before submitting your abstract, please include full mailing address, office hours phone number, email address and fax number in your EAN profile, as well as affiliation details of all co-authors.
3. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK spelling and have your abstract proofread.
4. Abstracts must contain new and original information, not published elsewhere prior to 20 June 2015
5. They should be as informative as possible:
(a) state specific object of study (c) summarise results obtained
(b) state method used if pertinent (d) state conclusions reached
6. They should be structured and with the subheadings Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
7. All abbreviations used must be defined the first time they appear.
8. Avoid complex mathematical formulae. Try to avoid symbols: e.g. use IFN-beta instead of IFN-ß; 10^2 instead of 10²; x >= 2 instead of x≥2.
9. Up to 3 tables or figures can be included in the abstract if desired. The maximum file size of all figures/tables is 10MB. Images can be submitted in JPG, GIF or PNG format only. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final material. Please note that tables must be submitted as a separate graphic file.
10. Abstract text must not exceed 250 words; heading maximum of 200 characters.
11. Authors should include their presentation preference: Poster / oral / either poster or oral. The Programme Committee makes final decision on the presentation type.
12. A maximum of 3 abstracts per presenting author may be submitted.
13. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your abstract reference number. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail, please contact email@example.com. The corresponding author is responsible for informing other authors about the status of the abstract.
14. Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, please log in via the EAN registered user area. Corrections to abstracts can only be made until the abstract submission deadline. Please also note that once you edit your abstract you have to press the "submit button" again.
15. If an abstract is accepted, one author must attend the congress and present it in person. Acceptance of the abstract implies payment of the registration fee by the presenting author.
If a presenting author does not register to the congress or does not attend the session for which (s)he has been scheduled, a penalty may incur, prohibiting the author from presenting papers at the next EAN Congress.
16. If your research has been granted any commercial or institutional support, you will be asked to disclose this during the submission process. Please prepare a one-sentence statement for this purpose.
17. If you apply for a bursary or for the tournament, please do not forget to send the necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be only regarded if all documents have been submitted.
18. If your abstract has been accepted as poster presentation, you will be asked to upload your poster in electronic format (e-poster). Guidelines will follow based on acceptance of your abstract. There will be NO paper poster walls available.
Please select the category under which the abstract should be reviewed after consulting the list of topics (see below).
Exhibition hours are:
EAN Scientific & Administrative Secretariat
responsible for Satellite Symposia, Symposia, Teaching Courses and Focused Workshops
EAN Head Office
Breite Gasse 4/7
1070 Vienna, Austria
Phone +43 1 889 05 03
Fax+43 1 889 05 03 13
Professional Congress Organiser & Secretariat
responsible for Registration, Accommodation, Exhibition, Sponsorship items
Congrex Switzerland Ltd
Peter Merian-Strasse 80
4002 Basel, Switzerland
Phone +41 61 686 77 77
Fax+41 61 686 77 88
Exhibition & Sponsorship: email@example.com
General info: firstname.lastname@example.org
EAN Contact Information
EAN Head Office
Breite Gasse 4/7
Tel.: +43 1 889 05 03
Fax: +43 1 889 05 03 13