Dear colleagues and friends,
On behalf of the Scientific Committee of the EAU Section of Urological Research (ESUR), you are warmly invited to join us at the 22nd ESUR meeting.
During ESUR 2014, the scientific programme has been carefully designed to address key contemporary research topics in urological sciences, including epigenetics, cancer metabolism, stem cell/circulating tumour cell biology and novel therapeutic approaches. We will also have a wide range of urological research topics in the form of oral and poster presentations.
The Scientific Committee is particularly keen to encourage young investigators to use this meeting as a platform to communicate their own research and to further their career progression. A number of travelling bursaries will therefore be made available for eligible delegates. You will meet leading researchers while learning, networking and socialising with other delegates in a friendly yet stimulating atmosphere.
You will also experience first-hand the charming, vibrant and cultural city of Glasgow. Glasgow has long been established as Scotland’s foremost cultural centre. It is home to the Scottish Opera, the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, the Scottish Ballet and several world rated theatre companies. Around the city there are numerous reminders of Glasgow’s impressive architectural heritage including some of the finest Victorian architecture in Europe. A ‘must see’ is the Art Nouveau splendour of Scotland’s best known architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, whose inimitable style adorns attractions such as The Lighthouse, Glasgow School of Art, and House for an Art Lover.
22nd Meeting Of The EAU Section Of Urological Research 2014 (ESUR 2014)
The Grand Central Hotel #GLASGOW, UK
Located in the heart of Glasgow and adjacent to Glasgow Central Station stands the historic Grand Central Hotel. Winner of 7 awards at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2013, including Scottish Events Hotel of the Year [PDF], it’s no surprise that guests repeatedly choose to hold their events at this sought-after PH Hotels property.
A much-loved city icon, the Grand Central Hotel has undergone a £20 million refurbishment, rightly staking its’ claim as a leading conference, training, and event destination in Glasgow.
The best of luxury meeting rooms in Glasgow
The ideal conference venue in Glasgow, the Grand Central Hotel:
- Is centrally located in Glasgow’s city centre, adjacent to Central Station, close to main transport links & just 8 miles from Glasgow Airport
- Offers an eclectic mix of 21 stylish event rooms & 2 dedicated floors of flexible conference space
- Boasts the iconic Grand Room with capacity for 400 delegates, and the Great Western, Buchanan and Wellington Rooms, stylish and historic suites with original features including marble pillars and ceiling cornicing, creating a stunning backdrop to any event. More Event Space information [PDF]
Conference planning with the Grand Central Hotel
Planning an event of any sort means juggling many details – from catering to invites and more. To help ensure your next conference in Glasgow is a success, the Grand Central Hotel is pleased to provide you with a dedicated conference & event team ready to manage as many or as few of the details as you’d like.
After years of event planning & hosting, we know what it takes for your event to go off without a hitch:
- Our in-house team will help you determine the types of equipment you may need and provide you with cutting-edge technology, whilst also looking after set-up/break-down
- Our talented chefs will work with you to determine the best meal planning option, from our popular central Coffee Stations with free flowing drinks and snacks, Day Deli special to Tempus lunches
- Our events team will ensure the room is set up to best facilitate your group & needs
For more information about conference planning with the Grand Central Hotel, why not explore the downloads to the right?
To discuss specific questions about the venue, your budget, and more, please contact us directly:
- phone: 0141 240 3700
- online enquiry
Dear colleagues and friends,
129 Bath Street,
Glasgow, G2 2SZ
+44 (0)141 221 6789
Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre
Glasgow, G81 4SA
+44 (0)141 951 6000
Best Western Glasgow City Hotel
27 Elmbank St,
Glasgow, G2 4PB
+44 (0)141 227 2772
11 Blythswood Square,
Glasgow, G2 4AD
+44 (0)141 248 8888
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Stable Block, Cameron House,
Dunbartonshire, G83 8QZ
+44 (0)1389 755565
10 Tunnel St,
Glasgow, G3 8HL
+44 (0)141 287 7700
Carlton George Hotel
44 W George St,
Glasgow, G2 1DH
+44 (0)141 353 6373
60 Renfrew St,
Glasgow, G2 3BW
+44(0)20 3519 1111
Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Glasgow, G3 8QT
+44 (0)871 942 9091
Days Inn Abington
Abington, ML12 6RG
318 Clyde Street,
Glasgow, G1 4NR
+44 (0)141 222 2828
- See more at: http://peoplemakeglasgow.com/guide-book/accommodation/accommodation-in-and-around-glasgow#sthash.zm3AVLFX.dpuf
Abstracts can be submitted through the online abstract submission system
Abstract submission deadline 1 July 2014
Abstracts presenting results of basic, translational, and clinical research in urological oncology and other urological diseases are welcome.
Please note that reports on routine diagnostic procedures or surgical techniques are not usually presented at this meeting.
PO Box 30016
6803 AA Arnhem
T +31 (0)26 389 1751
F +31 (0)26 389 1752