24th Annual World Congress of the WSCTS
Centre International de conférence Genève (CICG) *Geneva, SWITZERLAND
- Room Features and Guest Services
- Facility Information
- Restaurant on Site
- Onsite Catering
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Security Staff Onsite
- Street Parking
- Paid Parking Available
- Business Services
- Business Center
- Audio/Video Capabilities
- Video Conferencing
- VIP Services
- Venue Accessible By
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee, it is my great pleasure to invite you to Geneva for the 24th World Congress of Cardiothoracic Surgeons which will take place from September 6th to September 10th, 2014 at the CICR Conference Center located in Geneva, Switzerland.
During the past years, the World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons annual meetings have confirmed their utmost importance devoted to the techniques, applications as well as to the latest research of cardiothoracic surgery and related disciplines.
The WSCTS 2014 meeting will build on the success of previous meetings and will bring together renowned experts from around the world to discuss the progress made in cardiothoracic clinical care and research. The 24th WSCTS meeting will be a wonderful opportunity for cardiothoracic surgeons from all over the world, to exchange ideas and give access to the latest scientific and clinical resources and information to our young colleagues.
Geneva, at the heart of Europe has an ideal location for our WSCTS 2014 meeting thanks to the perfect international environment. Its own efficient airport makes Geneva easily accessible from all around the world.
I hope you will mark your calendars to join us in Geneva for this meeting. I look forward to your partnership, support of one of the most important scientific events in cardiothoracic surgery.
Professor Afksendiyos Kalangos
President of the Organizing Committee
See the table below
Registration fees :
* To become a member, click here
** A letter of confirmation of your status from the Head of Unit is required to benefit from the reduced fee. Should we not receive this confirmation; your registration will be changed to the Non-member fee. Click here to send your proof of status
***A letter of confirmation of your status from the Head of your Unit is required to allow you to benefit from the reduced fee. This can be submitted during the registration process. Should we not receive this, your registration will be changed to the regular registration rate.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
The World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (WSCTS) hereby provide notice to conference attendees and anyone else, that WSCTS makes no warranty of any kind whatsoever, expressed or implied, that any information, materials, techniques or products or anything else presented at this conference is accurate, valid, adequate or fit for any purpose whatsoever. Conference attendees are solely responsible for determining the validity, adequacy and fitness of any information, materials or products or anything else presented at this conference for any and all uses. Statements and descriptions made by WSWCTS at this conference and included in conference literature are informational only and are not made or given as a warranty. The views, opinions and statements made at the conference are solely those of the speakers and may not reflect the views of WSCTS. Furthermore, speakers may have vested interests in the concepts and products they discuss.
It is further understood and agreed that WSCTS shall not be liable whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise for any kind of claim for loss, damage or expense of any kind arising out of or resulting from the use of any information, materials, products or anything else presented at this conference, and under no circumstances shall WSCTS be liable for special, indirect or consequential damages.
WSCTS and/or its agents have the right to alter or cancel the conference or any of the arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating directly or indirectly to the conference without prior notice for any reason beyond their control. The conference and/or its agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenditure or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration or cancellation
Registration and/or admittance to the WSCTS congress shall be limited solely to participants who are 18 years of age or older, due to current health and safety regulations and legislation in effect. Any registration by anyone who is under 18 is unauthorized and in violation of these Terms and Conditions and will automatically result in the forfeit of their registration. You hereby accept that identification is to be provided to congress staff upon request. By registering to the congress or entering the congress you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you agree to and to abide by all of the Terms and Conditions of this congress.
As a registered attendee of the WSCTS Congress, you agree:
- to grant permission for WSCTS and MCI to use your likeness in a photograph or video in any and all of its publications and presentations, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration.
- to authorize WSCTS and MCI to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute the photograph or video for purposes of publicizing WSCTS ‘s programs or for any other lawful purpose.
- to waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears that these materials will become the property of WSCTS and MCI.
Group/ Small Groups
Group / Small Groups
NETWORKING CANCELLATION POLICY
Group/ Small Groups
Cancelations are not accepted
MCI has reserved a large number of hotel rooms at very competitive rates in various hotels in different price categories. The majority of the hotels are located either in the city centre or in proximity to the CICG (International Conference Centre), and are on a large number of bus lines. The journey from the city centre takes approximately 10 minutes by bus.
Advantages of booking with the official housing bureau are countless:
- All hotels are company-approved
- Negotiated preferential and competitive rates
- Personalised service and support prior, during and after the event
Book your room now and benefit from our competitive rates!
Geneva attracts many tourists, and due to the high demand for accommodation during this period, reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. Availability of rooms in each category is limited. We recommend booking before 06 August 2014 to ensure availability.
Name of persons sharing rooms must be indicated by e-mail to MCI Suisse S.A.
Rates are in CHF per room, per night, and include VAT and service and are subject to fluctuation. Any significant variation may lead to a retroactive increase in the specific hotel rate. All hotels are breakfast included, except the below exceptions:
Only guaranteed reservations will be accepted.
For individual bookings, a deposit covering the first night is required, either by bank transfer or by credit card (deposits will be deducted from the final hotel bill when paid by the participant at the hotel). After 6 August 2014 midnight CET, only payment made by credit card will be accepted.
For small group bookings (from 2 to 9 rooms), a deposit payment for the total stay must accompany your reservation. Your booking will be confirmed upon receipt of your hotel deposit.
MCI acts as an agent for accommodation bookings and WSCTS accepts no responsibility for any recommendations given or any transactions made.
Hotel check-in time is 15:00 or later. If arriving after 18:00, please notify MCI in advance. Extra costs may be applicable for any early check-in. For further information, please contact MCI.
Hotel Check-out time is 12:00 or noon depending on the hotel’s policy. Extra costs may apply for a late checkout. Please contact us.
Large group reservations (more than 9 participants) will be handled by MCI Suisse S.A. with separate contracts.
If you need additional dates for your hotel reservation out of the congress dates, please contact directly MCI Suisse S.A. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION NOW CLOSED
WSCTS objectives are to encourage research and to provide a wide forum for discussion. The online submission system will guide you through the submission of your abstract.
Abstracts must describe original, previously unpublished work.
Scheduling of abstract presentations and short oral presentations is at the discretion of the Scientific Committee. Abstracts will be organized into sessions using the topics chosen by the submitter in the online system.
You are disconnected after 30 minutes of inactivity. Please be aware that the system is only active when pressing on “next” or “save”. Typing is NOT considered as being active.
Delegates who would like to present their work at the meeting, are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
These will be peer-reviewed and those selected will be presented either as orals or in a dedicated area of the poster session.
For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is of maximum 2’000 characters. This includes the titles and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
1. IMPORTANT DATES
Submissions accepted from: 17 January 2014
Submission deadline: 26 May 2014, midnight, CET
Notifications to submitters: end-May 2014
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
2. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
The internet abstract submission system works best with Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher.
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form.
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (26 May 2014, midnight, CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the conference. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline (26 May 2014, midnight, CET)
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Introduction should contain 1-2 sentences that clearly indicate the scientific question of the study and its clinical (or other) importance.
- Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study.
- Results should contain objective data to answer the scientific question(s).
- Discussions / Conclusions should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralization.
- No tables or figures are allowed in the abstract.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of WSCTS 2014 to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during abstract submission.
- Abbreviations should be indicated in parentheses following their first mention in the text. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the submitting (presenting) author to present the abstract (if accepted) in the session and the time assigned by the Programme Committee. Registration fees will not be waived.
- The presenting author of the abstract must be registered at the conference within 14 days of confirmation of abstract acceptance (the author will benefit from early bird registration fee).
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proof reading will be done. No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
- Only original abstracts will be accepted and considered for the review.
After the Submission
- The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to scientific or clinical value, relevance to WSCTS 2014, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, originality of work and overall impression.
- The submitting authors will be notified by end-May 2014 at the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract a written statement, reflecting the reasons of this decision must be sent to email@example.com. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
Presentation of Abstracts
- Abstracts can be accepted either as oral communication or short orals.
- Details on presentation format and full presentation guidelines will be included in the notification letter and posted on the conference website.
- Accepted abstracts will be available online.
For any further enquiries, please contact the WSCTS 2014 Abstract Handling Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
MCI Suisse SA
Phone: +41 22 33 99 588
Fax: +41 22 33 99 601