25th Conference of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA 2015)
ExCeL London *London, UK Visit the Venue to read more
It is a great pleasure to announce the 25th conference of European Wound Management Association, EWMA 2015, which will be held 13-15 May. The conference is organised in cooperation with the Tissue Viability Society (TVS).
The EWMA 2015 conference is not only the 25th EWMA conference but the conference also marks the 35th years anniversary of the founding of TVS.
The conference theme is:
WOUND CARE – SHAPING THE FUTURE
A PATIENT, PROFESSIONAL, PROVIDER AND PAYER PERSPECTIVE
Interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration between patients, professionals and policy makers is essential for facilitating good practice and providing continuity of care. This will be even more important in the future as health care systems throughout Europe have to cope with increasing pressure to demonstrate efficient and cost-effective use of resources to optimise wound care with the help of innovative procedures and practices. It is imperative that all these perspectives are considered if we are to realise the goal of successful wound management.
EWMA 2015 is dedicated to sharing, debating and educating participants on the latest knowledge and developments in wound management.
The conference offers high level scientific presentations, networking activites and it is an excellent opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences with international colleagues.
The conference will be held at the ExCeL Center in London, United Kingdom. In addition to the scientific aspects of the conference, the participants get the opportunity to experience the capital of Britain with its dynamic, urban and international environment.
We look forward to welcoming you in London,
José Verdú Soriano Salla Seppänen Tina Chambers
EWMA Scientific Recorder EWMA President TVS Chair
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Codan Consulting has been appointed as the office hotel accommodation agent for the EWMA 2015 in London and will handle all related arrangements.
Hotel rooms of different categories at reduced rates are available for the participants of EWMA 2015.
The reservations can be made via an online booking form or through the reservation department of Codan Consulting email@example.com
Hotel list and booking form
For group reservations, please contact the reservation department directly:
110 00, Praha 1
Tel: +420 251 019 376
Fax: +420 251 019 361
Contact person: Veronika Hofmanova, Adina Markova
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 1st March the latest.
If you have any questions, please contact the secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have submitted an abstract you can login to you profile and check your abstract here.
We recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome to enter the system. Firefox can be dowloaded here.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 1 December 2014.
- Max. 6 abstracts with the same presenting author can be submitted. The system allows max 6 abstracts per submitter id.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website and in the the abstract book for the conference. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving EWMA permission to publish your abstract.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the EWMA Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as a participant for the full conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of your abstract. Withdrawal of an abstract can only be made by writing to the Secretariat - see item A.6 above.
- EWMA reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- Please note that max. 2 oral presentations and max. 2 poster presentations by the same presenting author will be accepted for presentation at the conference. NB! The presenting author does not have to be the 1st author.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract. The EWMA Secretariat reserves the right to edit abstracts that exceed the word limit.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the abstract title in CAPITAL LETTERS. No full stop at the end.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasise new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names
For all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. EWMA reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- Images that are uploaded to follow the abstract are not guaranteed inclusion in the abstract book.
- Abstracts will not be accepted if previously presented at a EWMA conference unless there is a substantial increase in data.
- The Scientific Committee will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors two months prior to the conference.
- It is the responsibility of all submitters that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles. Link to ethical guidelines.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.