GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Participants interested in presenting an oral or e-poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for oral presentation, e-poster presentation or rejected.
PRESENTATION TYPES AVAILABLE:
ORAL – refers to abstracts accepted for oral presentation at the podium in dedicated free paper sessions
E-POSTER- refers to abstracts accepted for oral presentation at large screens in the exhibition area at dedicated e-poster sessions during break times
All accepted abstracts of registered authors will be published in the journal Rhinology published by the European Rhinologic Society.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the original submission number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts that have been published or presented prior to this Conference may be submitted.
- Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, program, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ('Content') provided to ERS/ISIAN 2014 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers'). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
4. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
5. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
6. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details -
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details -
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Topic Selection – to view the list of Abstract Topics, please click here.
- Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Graphs and images – You can upload graphs and images in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table, it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it to the abstract.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link above allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
GUIDELINES FOR JUNIOR MEMBER GRANTS
A number of Junior Member Grants in the amount of Euro 500 will be awarded to support the participation of ERS Junior Members who have an abstract accepted for presentation and are age 35 or under on the last day of the Congress. Please apply while submitting your abstract online (via the Topic Selection page) together with a scanned copy of your passport showing your date of birth. In addition, please send a copy of your CV and a recent photograph to the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your request will only be considered if submitted at the time of abstract submission.
Extended deadline for submission of applications is Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
Grant recipients will be selected on the basis of abstract evaluation by the Scientific Program Committee.
Grant applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application before the early registration fee deadline of April 1, 2014.