Abstracts for the Eastern Allergy Conference May 29 - June 1, 2014 ~ Due May 10, 2014
The EAC 2014 Annual Meeting will include poster presentations by allergists/immunologists and fellows-in-training, that will also feature a scientific program with interactive, problem-based learning and didactic lectures.
We urge you to participate by submitting your clinical research findings for consideration by our Poster Review Committee.
In preparing your abstract organize it into: a statement of purpose; statement of methods; and summary of results in sufficient detail to support the conclusion reached.
Submit all printed abstracts to: GinnyLoiselle@easternallergyconference.org
Submission form below
Authors have the option for their abstracts to be published in an upcoming issue of the journal, Allergy & Asthma Proceedings. A separate abstract publication order form is available, which should be completed, and faxed (401) 331-0223, or emailed to the Editorial office, attention: firstname.lastname@example.org , at the time of submission. Of note, because of possible copyright infringements, abstracts which have been submitted for publication elsewhere will not be published in Allergy & Asthma Proceedings.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Poster size for display: 4 feet high by 6 feet long
1. The abstract must adequately describe the objectives, methods, results and conclusions so that the Abstract Committee may evaluate the quality of the work and proposed presentation.
2. The abstract title should fully reflect the content of the abstract body.
3. A structured abstract format is preferable; that is, all abstracts should contain these sections: Introduction (background information and purpose of the project/study), Methods (study design, techniques), Results (summary of data), and Conclusions
4. The authors must accept sole responsibility for the statements in their submitted abstract.
5. Illustrations and tables are not permitted.
6. Supplementary data are not accepted under any circumstances.
7. Abbreviations may be used in the abstract if such abbreviations are defined at their first mention.
8. The abstract length is limited to 250 words.
9. Abstracts are submitted for poster presentation. Oral presentations are not available.
10. Authors are encouraged, but not required to submit for peer review and publication, anysubsequent full length manuscripts which derive from the submitted abstract.
11. A maximum of 5 authors may be specified in the abstract submission process; however, any subsequent full length manuscripts may have more than 5 authors. Corresponding authors for accepted abstracts may request the addition of additional authors to their abstracts by submitting a request to the Managing Editor, Susan Colucci, at email@example.com.
12. Each abstract submission must specify a corresponding author, to whom all correspondence about the abstract will be directed.
13. All abstracts will be assigned an identification number which should be used for all communications about an abstract.
14. The presenter of each accepted abstract must register for the scientific meeting in the standard fashion see www.easternallergyconference.org.
15. Where ever possible, noncommercial (generic) names must be used in all abstracts and posters.
The Editorial staff may request a revised submission of the abstract to enforce compliance with this ACCME requirement.
16. All authors must agree to disclose all non-FDA approved use of FDA approved drugs during the abstract submission process as well as in the actual presentation (oral or poster).
Click here for the 2014 Abstract Submission form
|Abstract Fees for Poster Session
|Submission fee (required)
||$100.00 This fee applies for all commercially funded abstracts. There is no charge for investigator funded work (RSL Allergy Society members).
|Publication fee (optional)Select this fee only if you are requesting publication of abstract in the Journal,Allergy & Asthma Proceedings
||$300.00 This fee applies for all commercially funded abstracts. There is no charge for investigator funded work (RSL Allergy Society members).