The scientific presentations focusing Airway Management and relevant topics are welcome to the 2nd European Airway Congress (EAC2013).
Please read the following instructions before submitting an abstract.
The abstracts will be presented as poster or oral presentations, The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations, unless the presence of the author’s preference. Only ten abstracts will be presented as oral presentations in the Best Abstracts Session. There will be awards for the first three.
The maximum length of abstract is limited to 3000 characters, except the title, authors and departments/institutions name. The abstracts more than 3000 characters will not be accepted.The abstract includes: title, authors (1 presenting author - underlined), departments, institutions, abstract text and images. Abstracts may include images (tables, graphs, figures, etc.). Images(tables, graphs, figures) must be high-resolution JPG files (minimum resolution of 600 dpi) with enough detail to be acceptable for both online viewing and print. Tables and graphics will each count less than 300 characters.
The text file of abstract should be prepared and submitted as a word document with a standard font as Times New Roman, 12 point. The standard Windows or Macintosh symbol font for special symbols must be used.
Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail address used to sent the abstract files will be accepted as the presenting author e-mail address.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Presenting authors and co-authors must disclose any commercial relationships relevant to the content of the abstract, both in the abstract submission and at the time of presentation at the congress, EAC2013. The disclosure may be given by the presenting author on behalf of all authors.
The authors accept that sending an abstract assigns copyright ownership for all contributions to their abstract to EAMS, when it is accepted for presentation in EAC2013.
If the abstract is accepted for presentation, it is expected that the presenting author will present the same work described in the abstract, including the same title and content.
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the final programme.
All accepted abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the Journal of Turkish Society of Anaesthesiology and in the Abstract USB stick.
Lack of Institutional Ethical Committee Approval, or evidence of unethical treatment of humans or animals, will lead to rejection of the abstract. Abstracts should be suitable for the Republic Of Turkey’s relevant legislations.
Abstracts chosen for oral presentation will be presented in the Best Abstract Session. Each abstract will be presented in 10 minutes, 8 minutes for presentation + 2 minutes for discussion
1. The abstracts choosen for poster presentation will be presented in poster area of the congress. Posters will be placed on boards numbered by the Organization Committee.
2. The time and the place for each poster will be sent to the presenter authors individually.
3. The maximum dimension of the poster must be 70cm X 90cm and the poster should be readable from reasonable distance (≈2 meters)
4. Colored tables, figures and/or pictures can be used in the posters
5. The Organization Committee staff will help the poster owners for attaching their posters.
6. Poster owners are required to be present at specified date and time in the poster area and provide information about their studies.
7. Poster owners will take down their posters at the end of the time spared to them. The posters not removed by the owners will be considered as trash.