We are looking forward to your participation in the 2nd Gender Issues in Epilepsy Meeting, held in Oslo (Asker), Norway on August 28th-29th 2014.
|During the last decade researchers and clinicians have become increasingly aware that epilepsy has different implications for life and well-being in men and women due to complex interactions between antiepileptic drugs, endocrine function and the epilepsy itself. Moreover, the fact that epilepsy not only affects the patient but also the family due to teratogenic effects of antiepileptic drugs, psychiatric comorbidity and socioeconomic challenges are reaching physicians and the patient community. The symposium will be designed to encourage discussion, interest and future research in this rapidly growing field of epilepsy.|
The scientific program will start in the morning on Thursday August 28th and will close before lunch on Friday August 29th, 2014. See the preliminary scientific program for more information. The Gender Issues in Epilepsy meeting will be directly followed by the annual meeting of the Norwegian CEA branch held in the same location. Click here for more information.
The Conference venue is Holmen Fjordhotell, a spacious and modern congress hotel situated at the Oslo Fjord seaside 18 km south-west of Oslo. The hotel is close to the Oslo Airport train station (Asker), and with a multitude of regional train and bus connections close by.
All conference participants are invited to attend a boat cruise on the Oslo fjord Thursday evening. Dinner will be served on the boat.
|We look forward to seeing you in Oslo!|
|Kind regards from the Nordic Research Group on Gender Issues in Epilepsy|
2nd Gender Issues in Epilepsy Meeting
Holmen Fjordhotel Oslo Norway *Oslo, NORWAY Visit the Venue to read more
Accommodation should be booked directly with Holmen Fjordhotell by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +47 66772702
Please use the following ref.: Gender Issues Epilepsy Meeting
Rooms can only be guaranteed until 15th July 2014. To get the negotiated rate, make your reservation before this date.
Abstracts may be submitted via internet only. Abstracts submitted via fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
01. The abstract submission process is conducted in 3 steps:
1) Entry of contact person details
2) Entry of authors and abstract data
3) Overview & final sending
02. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English using UK spelling.
03. Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented elsewhere.
04. Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
05. Abstract text no longer than 250 words.
06. Abstracts will be presented as posters or as part of the official meeting.
07. Abstracts will be subject to a review.
08. Deadline for abstract submission is May 15th 2014.
09. The organizers reserve the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate papers either
as oral or poster presentations and to choose a suitable session for the abstract.
10. The submitting author must register for the conference.
A selection of abstracts will be invited to submit an article to a special issue in Seizure.
If you have difficulties in submitting your abstracts or if you need any further information, please contact
|Participant service office:
Gyro Conference AS
|Phone: +47 6128 7320