38th International Congress of The European Hernia Society
Beurs World Trade Center RotterdamRotterdam, NETHERLANDS Visit the Venue to read more
ROTTERDAM, the Netherlands will be the host-city of the
38th International Congress of the European Hernia Society (EHS),
which will be held from 5th – 8th June 2016 in the World Trade Centre in downtown Rotterdam.
Abdominal wall surgery is more and more emerging as a separate specialisme within the large field of surgery however still touching all well-established surgical specialities like gastro-intestinal, oncologic, vascular, pediatric and trauma surgery. Interest in the abdominal wall re-unites many colleagues from different surgical disciplines around that important human structure that gives way to, prevents the way to or itself needs surgery. However approaching the abdominal wall from so many different directions means that consensus very much is necessary how to do this, how to teach it and how to guarantee best practice performed by everybody who does so. During the 38th annual EHS-congress, which is entitled "Teaching & Quality Control in (Hernia) Surgery" we want to get together a wide range of people not only interested in diagnostics and treatment options of abdominal wall disorders but also and foremost to think, discuss, teach, evaluate and guarantee the highest, evidence based, levels of care for our patients in that particular field.The Rotterdam School of Surgery, formerly led by Hans Jeekel is well known for its research and publications in abdominal wall surgery and its/his spirit hopefully will inspire all participants to actively discuss, supported by latest technical improvements, and develop common opinions, possibly even guidelines to guarantee a solid (inter)national teaching structure and quality control of all dealing with abdominal wall disorders.For many different surgeons the abdominal wall is the door to their business, so one really should know how to deal with it properly. Please help us to put down abdominal wall surgery as a profession of full value with clear characteristics.We cordially invite you to join us and look forward to welcome you all in Rotterdam.
Johan Lange & Rogier Simmermacher
Joint Chairs, EHS 2016 Organising Commitee
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Postillion Convention Centre WTC Rotterdam
3011 AA Rotterdam
1. All abstracts must be submitted and be received on or before 1 February, 2016 through the on-line abstract submission system on this website. Please click HERE to submit your abstract.
2. Abstracts must be original and data are either unpublished or may have been published after February 2016. The accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book.
3. All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee, and reviewing results will be announced by emailing a notice of acceptance/ rejection to corresponding authors by latest 1 March 2016.
Instructions for preparing abstracts
Please read the following instructions carefully before preparing your abstract.
Abstract must be typed in English and limited to 300 words (excluding title and (co)authors).
Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts. Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
The scientific committee reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either oral or poster presentation and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The authors' preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
An acceptable structure of an abstract must consist of the following components.
1. Background: A statement of the hypothesis or research question.
2. Methods: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used
3. Results: A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study. Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading the abstracts. Statements such as "the data will be discussed" are not acceptable.
4. Conclusion(s): Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study.
It's not allowed/possible to add tables and/or figures to your abstract.
EHS Contact Information
Main address: SG: Prof Giampiero Campanelli, Chief Dept of General Surgery - Day and Week Surgery, Istituto Clinico Sant'Ambrogio, Via Faravelli 16, I-20149, Milan, Italy
Tel: (39 02) 33127011 - 331207020
Fax: (39 02) 58395512
E-mail: giampiero.campanelli (at) grupposandonato.it