3RD ASIA PACIFIC BEHAVIORAL and ADDICTION MEDICINE CONFERENCE (APBAM 2015)
RELC INTERNATIONAL HOTEL #SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
|Tanglin 1||60||30||22||6.7 m x 10.6 m|
|Tanglin 2||40||20||15||7 m x 9.4 m|
|Scotts (501)||30||15||12||4 m x 10 m|
|Napier (502)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Chancery (503)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Dalvey (504)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Chancery & Dalvey (503/504)||140||70||–||18 m x 10 m|
|Anderson (506)||80||50||30||11.5 m x 10 m|
|Stevens (507)||100||70||35||13.5 m x 10 m|
|Anderson & Stevens (506/507)||200||120||–||25 m x 10 m|
|Newton (601)||30||15||12||4 m x 10 m|
|Paterson (602)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Cairnhill (603)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Cluny (604)||60||30||20||9 m x 10 m|
|Cairnhill & Cluny (603/604)||140||70||–||18 m x 10 m|
|Whitley (605)||60||30||20||11 m x 9 m|
AIR TRANSPORTSingapore Changi Airport is a premier international air hub and a crucial point on air traffic routes across the world. With over 4,200 weekly flights by more than 80 international airlines, the international airport connects Singapore to over 190 cities in 59 countries around the world. With many low-cost carriers serving the region, traveling to Singapore is indeed very affordable.
Do you know that Singapore is just a 2-hour plane ride to wonderful and exotic destinations in the Far East?
PUBLIC TRANSPORTPublic transport is highly accessible and inexpensive in Singapore. The following modes of travel are available:
• BUSESA fleet of more than 3,500 fully air-conditioned buses operate daily from 0530 hours till 2300 hours. Fares for buses are as low as S$1 - 2, depending on the number of fare stages travelled.
• MASS RAPID TRANSIT (MRT)The air-conditioned passenger train service has stations all over the city. Trains operate from 0600 hours to 2330 hours at frequencies of 3-8 minutes (peak hours) and 10-15 minutes (off-peak hours). Travel fares by MRT range from S$1 onwards. Tickets are available from General Ticketing Machines (GTM) located at all MRT stations.
• TAXISSingapore has more than 24,000 air-conditioned taxis operated by 8 different companies. Taxis can be flagged down 24 hours a day on most roads. Well-marked taxi stands are available outside most shopping centres and hotels. Current rates / applicable surcharges are obtainable at tourist information counters and at the hotel concierge.
We are pleased to announce the much-awaited 3rd Asia Pacific Behavioural and Addiction Medicine (APBAM) Conference 2015.
Addictions are very prevalent across the whole spectrum of society from young to old. They range from cyber addictions to alcohol, substances and pathological gambling. Our theme for APBAM this year is “De-mystifying Addictions”. And here we hope to give counsellors, therapists and those working with people with addictions, a better insight into how to help treat them and identify issues that are likely to arise. For example, issues on families, issues on helping people to stay substance or behaviour free.
To do this, we have put together a stellar lineup of speakers like Scott D Miller, Dan Lubman and Timothy Fong.
We would like to welcome you and hope that you enjoy a great time of personal growth and learning.
A/Prof Munidasa Winslow
3rd APBAM 2015 Organising Committee
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
RELC INTERNATIONAL HOTEL
30 Orange Grove Road ( Off Orchard Road ), Singapore 258352
Tel:(+65) 6885 7888
The nearest MRT Station is Orchard Station. From there, you can then take a 15-20 minutes walk to the hotel.
Bus services to RELC International Hotel
From Stevens Road: 105, 132, 190 (Alight in front of Chelsea Gardens)
- Please ensure all information are completed on the booking form.
- Please be informed that all hotel bookings made would be charged directly by the hotel booked.
- All hotels would require a credit card number, expiry date and one night’s room deposit (plus 10% service charge and prevailing government taxes) to secure reservation. The remaining payment should be settled at check-out and will be charged in Singapore dollars.
- Kindly note that the official check-in and check-out time as follows: Official check-in time is at 1500hrs and the check-out time is at 1200hrs and a 50% charge will be imposed for check-out before 1800hrs and a full day rate for check-out after 1800hrs.
- For early arrival in the morning before check-in time and late check out after check-out time, you are advised to book an extra room night. An extra room night would not be reserved should the Conference Secretariat not receive any instruction to do so by you.
- As a limited number of rooms have been reserved for participants, please make and confirm your booking promptly. The booking of rooms will be subject to room availability & prevailing rate at time of booking of the individual hotels. 3rd APBAM 2015 Conference Secretariat will assist in making arrangements on hotel reservations on your behalf.
The Organising Committee invites participants to submit abstracts of original, unpublished works for oral and/or poster presentations.
1. Types of Presentation
a. All authors should be prepared to do an oral or poster presentation. However, if you would like to be excluded from oral presentations, please check the appropriate box on the abstract form when you register for the conference.
b. The Scientific Programme Committee of the 3rd APBAM 2015 reserves the right to assign a different presentation format from the one selected by the presenting author.
- Free Paper Presentation
A selection of abstracts will be accepted for oral presentations during the Free Paper sessions. Presenters will be given time to present their research findings and for questions and answers.
- Poster Presentation
Participants are also encouraged to submit their work as a poster presentation that promotes direct exchange of ideas between presenter and delegates. Posters will be set up in a dedicated area.
2. Abstract Receipt Confirmation
- Upon successful submission, authors will receive an automated acknowledgement via email.
- Lack of acknowledgement will indicate that the abstract was not received.
- Abstracts must be received by 4 September 2015, Friday.
- Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
3. Notification of Acceptance
The Presenting Author of each abstract accepted will be notified by email by mid September. If the presenting author is unable to present the abstract, a co-author can take his/her place. The Presenting Author must inform 3rd APBAM 2015 Conference Secretariat of this change in name by 15 October 2015, Sunday.
Submitted abstracts cannot be withdrawn unless with valid reason(s) approved by the Scientific Committee.
5. Originality of Abstracts
Submitted abstracts must be original.
How To Send Abstracts
• Abstracts can only be submitted via the website. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made. Abstract should not exceed 300 words.
• Authors can submit their abstracts online at: www.apbam.org
• Should you experience any unforeseen problems with the electronic submission, please contact:
Phone: +(65) 6397 6994
Fax: +(65) 6397 7301
• Online submission of abstracts: Available from April 2015
• Abstracts Submission Deadline: 4 September 2015, Friday
• Notification of Acceptance: September 2015
For Sponsorship Opportunities & Exhibition Prospectus, Please feel free to contact the Conference Secretariat below :
10 Sinaran Drive, #09-21/22/23 Novena Medical Centre
Tel: +65 6397 6994
Fax:+65 6397 7301
Conference Secretariat , APBAM