3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress 2014 (EADC 2014)
Jeju International Convention Center *JEJU-DO, SOUTH KOREA Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the host society, the Korean Dermatological Association, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress (EADC) which will be held September 24 – 26, 2014 in Jeju, Korea.
It is well known that East Asia has emerged as one of the most important areas and leading economic regions of the world over the past several decades. While this is a remarkable development, scientific exchange, including the medical sector, has not been so active compared to the economic development. In this sense, the Eastern Asia Dermatological Congress which has been hosted by the three national dermatological societies of China, Japan and Korea, has great significance for the dermatologists living in this area.
We have already witnessed a successful first and second congress in Fukuoka and Beijing. Following in the footsteps of these previous achievements, a wide variety of sessions covering both traditional and new topics in the field of dermatology will be included to provide an ideal platform for scientific exchange. I believe that this will be an excellent opportunity for all participants to develop their fields of interest as well as make friendships with dermatologists from different societies.
Lastly, we are confident that all of you will greatly enjoy and appreciate our choice of Jeju Island as the venue location. In contrast to bustling urban Seoul where most meetings in Korea are held, Jeju is a pinnacle of natural beauty that was recently named one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. It is home to many amazing spectacles and formations including three UNESCO World Natural Heritage sites.
I am confident that the 3rd EADC will provide extremely rewarding and memorable experiences for all participants.
Hee Chul Eun
President of Host Society, Korean Dermatological Association
3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress
- Chikako Nishigori
- The JDA-Appointed President
Dear friends and colleagues.
It is my great pleasure and honor to welcome you to the 3rd Eastern Asian Dermatological Congress as the Japanese Dermatological Association (JDA) appointed president.
We, the three societies, KDA, CSD and JDA, has build a close inter-society relationship based on the mutual friendship cultivated through a 30-year-history of Korea-Japan Joint Meeting of Dermatology and a 20-year-history of China-Japan Joint Meeting of Dermatology. Now we three societies hope to further cultivating our friendship and deepen our knowledge by discussing common issues on the medical practice, medical education and basic research in dermatological science. Since we share similar ethnics and yet, we do have very diverse culture, climates and environments.
So gathering three societies will bring many insights in dermatological science. The 3rd EADC will be held in Jeju Island, Korea from September 24 to 26, 2014. We believe that the 3rd EADC2014 will be a wonderful chance for you to obtain updated knowledge in dermatology and keep in touch with friends in other societies. Please join us and enjoy the 3rd EADC in Jeju Island. I hope to share these precious experience and knowledge with all dermatologists in Eastern Asia.
The Japanese Dermatological Association-Appointed President
3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress
- Jie Zheng
- President-Elect of CSD
Dear friends and colleagues,
The 3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress (EADC) will be held in Jeju, a city that is as beautiful as a painting.
I sincerely believe that it will be an honor for each participant to attend this meeting, with the breathtaking view of Jeju and the excellent programme making this year’s congress unforgettable for everyone. This is the third time that the EADC is being held with the first two conferences being staged in Fukuoka and Beijing. EADC establishes a valuable platform for the dermatologists from all the corners of eastern Asia to display their works, exchange experiences and learn from one another. It is also an opportunity for everyone to get acquainted with each other, to reinforce friendships and to simply enjoy. We should together cherish this occasion and make the 3rd EADC congress a great success.
On behalf of the Chinese Society of Dermatology and Chinese colleagues, I hereby express our gratitude to Korean Society of Dermatology and Korean dermatologists. Thank you very much for your great effort and contribution to this congress. All the best to the colleagues from Korea, Japan, China and other eastern Asian districts and countries. I wish everyone a good health and prosperity in life.
President-Elect of Chinese Society of Dermatology
3rd Eastern Asia Dermatology Congress
which has a site area of 54,876㎡ and a total building area of 62,125㎡, is a building of 7 stories above ground. It specializes in international meetings as it is fully equipped with an international convention hall that can accommodate up to 4,300 persons, meeting rooms of various sizes, an exhibition hall, and other relate auxiliary facilities.
Rules for abstract submission
- Authors are required to indicate their preference for either oral or poster presentation by checking the appropriate box on the submission web page. The Scientific Committee, however, reserves the right to make the final decision on the mode of presentation.
- Acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be based on rankings given by a peer review of experts in the associated topic. Results of the selection process will be sent out via e-mail. The reviewers’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- Abstracts should contain original work that has not been published at national or international meetings prior to the EADC 2014.
- You must choose and submit a Basic Research or Clinical Study or Case Report abstract. Either abstract type is acceptable.
- Instructions on the preparation of posters and information regarding projection facilities will be included with the notification of acceptance.
- Submission of an abstract indicates acceptance of and compliance with the abstract submission rules, the scientific validity of the presentation and that all authors have read and approved the abstract and its contents.
- All accepted abstracts will be published on a EADC2014 Abstract CD and distributed to all delegates.
- Accepted abstracts are official communications of the Congress. The presenting author agrees to register, attend the Congress and present the abstracts as scheduled. The presenting author must register at the time that his or her abstract is accepted. Accepted abstracts with no registered authors by July, 31, 2014 will not be published.
Instructions for abstract preparation
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English.
- Title : Use a concise title that indicates the content of the abstract. The complete title should be capitalized and should not exceed 25 words. Refrain from using abbreviations in the title.
- Authors : Names and surnames for each author must be provided. Do not include degrees or titles. Presenting authors’ names will be underlined and corresponding authors’ name will be in bold.
- Names should be written in first (given) name last (family) name order.
- Affiliations: Each author should be listed by department, institution and country.
- Keyword: A minimum of three (3) keywords, summarizing the contents of the abstract, should be entered.
- Text: Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted and will not be edited in any way.
- Contents may be organized as the author sees fit, though they should include the purpose of the study, the methods used, a summary of the results and the conclusion reached. It is not satisfactory to simply state that “The result will be discussed:”
- Following the instructions above, case reports abstracts may be written in any format according to the author’s preference. Basic Research and Clinical Study, however, should be written using category blocks in the given format (see sample abstract).
- Only standard abbreviations may be used without definition.
- Drug products should be identified by their generic name only.
- Data must be given in units (International metric systb is preferred) widely used in literature.
- Neither commercial drug names nor pharmaceutical company names may be used in the abstract. EADC2014 will not be responsible for abstract contents.
- No references, tables, charts or drawings are allowed.
- Only a limited number of abstracts selected by the Scientific Program Committee will be presented as oral communications. Others will be accepted as posters.
For reviewing and scheduling purposes, abstracts will be categorized into the themes listed below. Please indicate on the submission page the appropriate topic classifications to which your abstract belongs.
|1||Appendages’ Diseases||10||Genetic Disorders|
|2||Bacterial and Viral Infection||11||Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders|
|4||Benign and Malignant Tumors||13||Pigmentary Disorders|
|6||Collagen Diseases and Vasculitis||15||Sexually Transmitted Diseases|
|8||Dermatitis and Skin Allergy||17||Miscellaneous|
- Statement of Responsibility
- The co-authors agree with the stated results and have consented to inclusion as authors.
- This abstract has not been submitted to any other international meeting.
- Work involving humans or animals, or material derived from them. was approved by an institutional ethics committees.
- Modifications may be made before the abstract submission system is closed.
- Authors who wish to withdraw their abstract should send a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Submission will be available on the Congress website from January 2014. Please follow the instructions detailed on the website. Your abstract submission will be acknowledged automatically by mail.E-MAIL OR FAX SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation guidelines will also be sent after your abstract submission is complete.
Information will be sent by June 30, 2014 regarding session allocation, requirements and instructions for oral and poster presentations. If your abstract is accepted, please be sure to register no later than July, 31, 2014. If you do not register in time, your abstract may not be included on the EADC2014 Abstract CD.
Abstract submission deadline 2014-07-15
EADC2014 will provide participating companies with unparalleled opportunities to market their products and services, and personally interact with physicians, decision-making professionals and potential clients from every corner of Asia.
It has been predicted that, in the near future, East Asia will lead the dermatology industry. Dermatology based on western methods and principles is now is growing rapidly in Asia. East Asia in particular, made up of Korea, China and Japan, comprise 37% of the total population of Asia and account for as much as 70% of Asia’s GDP. Based on these factors East Asia clearly has a decisive impact on growth and development throughout the broader region.
Reaching New Markets
The EADC2014 will provide outstanding opportunities to reach out to new markets in Asia and develop relationships with customers China, Korea and Japan. Sponsors and exhibitors will have direct contact with key decision-makers and influential Asian dermatologists throughout the entire congress period.
Strengthening Trust in Your Business
Becoming an official congress sponsor is a great way to improve your brand image and strengthen trust in your products and services. Sponsors will be given a variety of opportunities to increase their exposure and communicate their message directly to clients.
Various sponsorship packages and options are available to suit your specific needs and give you extensive exposure to a relevant and influential audience.
[ in USD. VAT is not included ]
|Up to January 31, 2014||From February 1, 2014|
- Period : September 24 (Wed) - 26 (Fri), 2014
- Location : ICC JEJU 3rd Floor Lobby
- Total Exhibition Area : 80 booths (1,800m2)
[ in USD. VAT is not included ]
|Until March 31st, 2014||After April 1st|
|Standard / Island Booth (3x3m)||4,000||5,000|
- Standard Booth : Exhibitor Name Signs, Booth Number Sign, 1 Information Desk,
1 Chair, Electricity 1KW, 1 Socket, 1 Lamp, Exhibitor Badge
- Island Booth : Exhibition Space, Exhibitor Badge
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2014 (Mon) *Rates will increase after the deadlines
- Assembly and Setup: September 23, 2014 (Tue)
- Exhibition Dates: September 24 (Wed) ~ 26 (Fri), 2014
- Dismantling and Move-Out: September 26, 2014 (Fri)
How to Apply
Submit the completed Exhibition Application Form to the Congress Secretariat via e-mail to
email@example.com or by fax to +822-3476-8800.
Suite 325, G-five Central Plaza 27, Seochojungang-ro 24-gil, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-070, Republic of Korea Tel. +82-2-3476-7700 Fax. +82-2-3476-8800
General Inquiry firstname.lastname@example.org Scientific Program email@example.com
Registration firstname.lastname@example.org Sponsorship & Exhibition email@example.com
법인명 ㈜코리아컨벤션서비스 사업자등록번호 214-81-91899 대표자 정현모