3rd ESTRO Forum
CCIB – Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona #BARCELONA, SPAIN
The 3rd ESTRO Forum will host five meetings featuring all aspects of the radiation oncology field:
- Clinical and translational meeting
- Physics biennial meeting
- GEC-ESTRO-ISIORT meeting
- RTT meeting
- PREVENT and TARGET meetings
Placing interdisciplinarity under the spotlight, clinicians, physicists, brachytherapists, radiobiologists and radiation thertherapists (RTTs) will find a broad range of interdisciplinary sessions at the Forum where the different disciplines will join to explore topics of interest to all.
The meeting will feature symposia, presidential and joint sessions, teaching lectures and debates. Educational activities will complete the programme with pre-meeting courses, contouring workshops and multidisciplinary tumour board sessions. As always at the ESTRO annual congress, all the latest innovations of the radiation oncology industry and beyond will be found in a 10,000 m2 exhibition.
ESTRO hereby warmly invites you all to share the results of your scientific research with us by submitting an abstract and by joining us for a meeting that will definitely be in line with the ESTRO vision: a vision that fights for optimal patient care and fair patient access to state-of-the-art radiation therapy.
Reduced fees apply when the payment is received before specific deadlines:
Early registration rate deadline: 15 December, 2014
Late registration rate deadline: 24 March, 2015
Desk registration rate: as of 25 March, 2015
Please note that in order to benefit from the member price, you must renew your membership for 2015 before registering to the conference. The membership renewal should be done at least 3 days before the early or late deadlines. The membership internal processing and approval process might take up to maximum 3 working days.
The registration fee to the conference includes access to the scientific sessions and exhibition area, the programme book, coffee breaks, the invitation to the opening ceremony, welcome reception and social evening. The fee does not include lunch. Lunch will be available for purchase in the exhibition area.
Registration to the 3rd ESTRO Forum does not give access to the Pre-congress courses and the Contouring workshops. For these separate registrations are required.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
he official accommodation agent for the 3rd Forum is:
Kuoni Destination Management
Avenida Diagonal, 416 - 3ª 1º
08037 Barcelona, Spain
Tel :+34 93 505 25 00
Fax: +34 93 488 37 03
In close consultation with us, Kuoni Destination Management have made a selection of hotels in Barcelona. We advise you to make your reservation well in advance. Hotel accommodation is made on a first-come, first-served basis.
With the submission of the abstract for the 3rd ESTRO Forum, the first (presenting) author:
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the abstract and ascertains that all authors are aware of the content before submission
- Accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence related to the abstract and to inform the co-authors about its status
- Accepts to identify any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This includes stock ownership, membership on any advisory boards, commercially sponsored research or any other substantial relationships.
- Certifies that the information to be reported is for exclusive presentation in the session to which the abstract will be assigned if accepted and that the information will not be presented as such at any commercially sponsored satellite symposia during the conference.
Abstracts must be submitted and presented at the conference in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject an abstract written in poor English.
Abstracts will be anonymised before review to ensure fairness and eliminate possible bias. Therefore it is strictly forbidden to include the authors’ names or institutions in the body of the abstracts. Submitted abstracts that include such references will be penalised by the Abstract Reviewing Committee.
During the 3rd ESTRO Forum, a Young Scientists Poster Discussion session for authors aged 40 or less will be organised. Please make sure your date of birth is correct in the ESTRO database.
- Topic category: choose the topic category that refers to the main subject of the abstract. Abstracts submitted under the RTT Meeting topics are reviewed by Radiation TherapisTs (RTTs) and considered for the RTT meeting only. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise the abstract.
- Presentation preference: authors should indicate the presentation preference (oral, poster or no preference). Please note that the final decision on the presentation format rests with the Scientific Committee.
- Keywords: authors are required to select a keyword from a pre-defined menu. The list of keywords corresponding to each topic category above can be a useful guide to determine the most appropriate topic category under which to submit the abstract. When submitting your abstract only one keyword can be selected from the pre-defined keywords.
- Title: Abstract titles should be brief and reflect the content of the abstract. The title (maximum 100 characters) is important since it focuses attention (it is the “showcase” for the presentation). Do not use capital letters in the title except for words that are always capitalised and do not use non-standard abbreviations.
- Body of the abstract: Abstracts should be structured in such a way as to include (1) Purpose/Objective; (2) Material/methods; (3) Results; (4) Conclusion.
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation must be placed (in round brackets) after the first appearance of the word for which it stands.
- The on-line abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 2500 characters (body of the abstract, excluding spaces).
- Authors may include one data table in the body of the abstract in JPG format (this is not included in the number of characters)
- Authors may include one image in JPG format. The maximum file size of each image should be 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
- Equations can be inserted in the text as images (only JPG format).
Abstract selection process
Abstracts submitted for presentation will be reviewed by an international panel of experts in the field of the subject.
Abstract review criteria are based on clarity, supporting data, scientific rigour, potential significance, interest in the topic chosen and innovation or usefulness.
Research obviously not yet performed and results not yet obtained will be banned.
Abstracts will be selected for one of the following presentation formats:
- Oral presentation: the abstract is selected for oral presentation at any of the proffered paper sessions.
- Poster discussion session: a limited number of the abstracts will be selected for poster discussion. A chairperson will be appointed to present various abstracts on a similar topic on behalf of the authors.
- Poster presentation: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in a poster format. The posters are grouped by topic and are displayed throughout the meeting. Only a limited number of abstracts will be selected for poster presentation.
- E-poster: abstracts are available for viewing in electronic format in special stations available at the conference venue.
Withdrawal of an abstract: Abstracts submitted for the 3rd ESTRO forum can be withdrawn until 12 December 2014. (To withdraw your abstract you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org). After this date, withdrawal of abstracts is no longer possible.
Abstracts selected for oral / poster discussion / poster presentation should be presented at the meeting. If the first (presenting) author cannot attend the conference, he / she should assign a replacement and inform the ESTRO office of the replacement as soon as possible.
Notification of outcome of abstract submission will be sent by email by end December 2014.
An exhibition featuring equipment and pharmaceutical companies as well as medical publishers will be held in the Exhibition area.
The exhibition will be open on Friday 24 April 2015 at of 19:30. The exhibition will remain open from Friday 24 April to Monday 27 April..
Entrance is free for all registered participants.
Companies and publishers who would like to participate in the exhibition may obtain more detailed information from the ESTRO office.Contact person:
Corporate relations manager
ESTRO head office
Rue Martin V 40
Avenue E. Mounierlaan 44
tel.: +32 2 775 93 40
fax: +32 2 779 54 94