4th International Conference on Neurology and Neuroepidemiology 2014 (ICNE 2014)
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel #KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Dear colleagues and friends!
Following on from the tremendous success of the first three International Congresses on Neurology and Epidemiology (ICNE) (Munich, Germany 2009; Nice, France 2012; and Abu Dhabi, UAE 2013) the International Association on Neurology and Epidemiology will be holding a forth three-day ICNE congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in November 6-8th 2014. To facilitate the smooth running of the congress, we have invited representatives from a local institution to serve with us on the organizing committee. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), is a reputable and respected regional centre for clinical research in neurology and epidemiology and we are glad to have them join us on the committee.
Like previous ICNE congresses, this Congress will feature internationally recognized invited speakers, platform lectures, oral presentations and poster sessions. There will be two new features of the congress. First, there will be 12 teaching workshops on methodological aspects of conducting, analyzing and reporting of various clinical and epidemiological studies. Second, there will be more emphasis on clinical research. We plan to dedicate about 50% of scientific presentations to updates on clinical aspects of the management of most important neurological disorders (trial results on stroke, degenerative disorders, epilepsy etc) and about 50% of scientific presentations to updates on prevention and epidemiology of those disorders, with a particular emphasis on Asia Pacific region. This will provide an ideal platform for continuing education and sharing ideas in all fields of experimental and non-experimental clinical neurology and epidemiology. We will also introduce a “Young Researcher Award in Neuroepidemiology” that would include 3 nights of hotel accommodation in KL, registration fee waiver, and an opportunity to present the research project as a platform presentation.
We hope this congress will match all your expectations. We are very happy to welcome you to the 4th ICNE, in the beautiful capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
Dr Julia Shahnaz Merican
President, ICNE 2014
Dr Norlinah Mohamed
IbrahimVice President, ICNE 2014
SahathevanVice President, ICNE
Prof. Valery Feigin
Chairman, ICNE 2014
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Abstract Topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific Topic. For a complete listing of abstract Topics
- Presenting author's contact details
Full postal address
Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 500 words (Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)Abstract layout - Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- References are not obligatory and word count is affected by inclusion of references.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
COMPLIANCE & OBLIGATIONS
By submitting an abstract you comply to the following :
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant. Only abstracts of registered participant will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.