It has only recently been appreciated that the immune and skeletal systems have major interactions. It is now well documented that osteoclasts, which are important cellular mediators of skeletal homeostasis, are derived from hematopoietic precursors that also give rise to immune cells. In addition, numerous cytokines that were first shown to regulate immune cell function have also been demonstrated to regulate bone cells and influence skeletal health. Conversely, products of bone cells appear critical for the engraftment of marrow in bone, the normal development of the hematopoietic and immune systems and provide niche for long-term memory B and T cells. In the past scientists involved in immune and bone cell investigations have rarely interacted in a significant way as these disciplines have developed independently and, for the most part, remain separate. The conference will bring together leading international scientists from both fields to interact so that new collaboration can develop and more rapid progress in understanding the relationships between these fields can be achieved. Short talks will be selected from abstracts from the international community. This conference will have a format to provide an environment of maximum interaction and interchange through lectures, posters, and open discussion.
5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OSTEOIMMUNOLOGY: INTERACTIONS OF THE IMMUNE & SKELETAL SYSTEMS
Helona Resort *KOS, GREECE Visit the Venue to read more
- Shizuo Akira Osaka University
- Antonios Aliprantis Harvard University
- Daniel Cua Merck Research Laboratories
- Frederic Geissman Kings College London
- Ellen Gravallese Univ. of Massachusetts School of Med.
- Mark Horowitz Yale University School of Medicine
- Michael Hsu University of Texas
- Lionel Ivashkiv Hospital for Special Surgery
- Nacksung Kim Chonnam National Univ. Medical School
- Joseph Lorenzo Univ. of Connecticut Health Center
- Takeshi Miyamoto Keio University School of Medicine
- Mary Nakamura University of California San Francisco
- Giacchino Natoli European Institute of Oncology
- Debra Novack Washington Univ. School of Medicine
- Charles O’Brien Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Roberto Pacifici Emery University School of Medicine
- Joao Pereria Yale University School of Medicine
- Georg Schett University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Cristina Sobacchi Instit. of Genetic & Biomedical Research
- Hiroshi Takayanagi Univ. of Tokyo School of Medicine
- Sakae Tanaka Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine The University of Tokyo
- Marjolein Van Der Meulen Cornell University
|Extra Nights Hotel||Room||Price|
|Extra Hotel Accommodation in a single room (1 Adult)||Single Room||€ 100.00|
|Extra Hotel Accommodation in a double room (2 Adult)||Double Room||€ 120.00|
An ideal retreat, Helona Hotel Kos is located on the beautiful island of Kos. Built beside the azure waters of the Aegean Sea, it offers equal promise of adventure and beachside luxury – with colorful nightlife, sandy beaches and stylish bars to explore and enjoy.
Admire panoramic views of the sea or lush gardens from your room at the Helona Hotel Kos as you recline in your custom-designed bed with luxurious bedding or surf the net with high-speed internet access. Ask about our guest rooms providing access to semi-private pools.
Let our staff help you coordinate an unforgettable celebration or function in our event rooms providing space for a total of 700 guests. Each event room is furnished with modern A/V equipment. Stay connected with the fully equipped business center offering printing and support services. WiFi is available in public areas.
Dine on delicious Greek and Mediterranean specialties at the stylish Helona Restaurant. Watch chefs perform at live cooking shows or sample featured country or regional dishes with ‘themed’ menus. Eat Greek cuisine poolside at Thalassa Restaurant, surrounded by a collection of nautical antiques and with beautiful views of the beach. Stay fit with a workout at the Wellness and Longevity Center, swim in the heated pool or treat yourself to a relaxing massage at the Spa.
ROOMS & SUITES
Relax in contemporaryaccommodations at Helona Hotel. All the essentials and more are covered in our modern, stylish guest rooms with an array of amenities to make you feel at home. View our amenities guide and choose a room that’s right for you.
Enjoy a drink from the mini bar on the furnished balcony of a comfortable, air-conditioned Guest Room. Refresh in the spacious marble bathroom with bath and shower, enjoy a movie on the 32-inch LCD TV or stay connected with internet access. Enjoy complimentary breakfast in the restaurant of the Helona Hotel Kos.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
Our Helona Hotel hotel offers stylish guest rooms and comforting amenities. Enjoy our signature chocolate chip cookie, and know that this welcoming gift is only a taste of the warm, personal service you will experience at Helona Hotel.
For Your Business Convenience
Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
Complimentary Printing Service
Photo Copying Service
Video Conferencing Available
For Your Family's Comfort and Convenience
Children's Swimming Pool
Aegean Conferences, Inc.