5th Latin American Congress on Autoimmunity
Ritz Lagoa da Anta Hotel *Maceio, BRAZIL Visit the Venue to read more
In 2013 the 4th Latin American Congress on Autoimmunity was held in Rio de Janeiro, in conjunction with the International Congress on Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APLA). This joint event was a resounding success, attracting 600 local, regional and international participants hungry for the latest information on discoveries in autoimmune diseases.
The Latin American Congress on Autoimmunity (LACA) is known to bring together some of the world's foremost basic and clinical experts on autoimmunity, and LACA 2015 will continue to do just that by gathering international and local stars in the
We invite you to present your work, network with peers and learn from our world famous keynote lecturers at this multidisciplinary congress which will focus on the challenge of understanding mechanisms and offering a better care to people with SLE, APS and other autoimmune disorders.
We look forward to seeing you in Maceio, Brazil in July 2015!
Prof. Georges Christopoulos Prof. Yehuda Shoenfeld
Prof. Roger A. Levy Honorary Chairman
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Av. Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes, 546
Lagoa da Anta, Maceió, Alagoas
Guidelines and regulations can be found below.
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for oral presentation, poster presentation or rejected.
For the list of Abstract Topics please click here.
LACA 2015 YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARDS
We are pleased to announce that the top scored abstracts selected for Oral and Poster presentation will be considered for the LACA 2015 Young Investigators Award and competitively scored during the Congress. Award winners will be announced during the Closing & Awards Ceremony on Sunday, July 5, 2015.
For further details please click here.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting your abstract. Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received this confirmation email.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete. Please expect your notification around March 20, 2015.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Oral and Poster presentations can be given in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Submitting authors are requested to mark the preferred language of their presentation during the submission process. The Scientific Committee will endeavor to allocate oral and poster presentations according to language. In the abstract selection processpreference will be given to English language presentations. Sessions in Spanish and Portuguese will be available based on demand.
- The presenting author is expected to attend the Congress and present the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors, who have paid their registration fees by Tuesday, March 31,2015 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the LACA 2015 Final Program.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- The submitting author is responsible for communication with the Congress Secretariat regarding the abstract. If the submitting author is not the presenting author, it is the submitting author's obligation to update the presenting author on the abstract's status and to ensure the presenting author is registered to the Congress by the above mentioned deadline and is aware of his or her presentation details.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to LACA 2015.
- Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will NOT be accepted.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Please note that the abstract software is supported by the following browsers: IE 8,9,10 and 11; Chrome (all versions); Firefox and Safari
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, PNG or GIF format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must besubmitted before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
Ms. Daniela Wizen
Sponsorship & Exhibition Specialist
1-3, Rue de Chantepoulet, PO Box 1726
CH-1211, Geneva 1
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
Fax: + 41 22 906 9140
Kenes International Organizers of Congresses S.A.
7, rue Francois-Versonnex, C.P. 6053, 1211 Geneva 6, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 | Fax: +41 22 906 9140