6TH EUCORNEA CONGRESS
Fira de Barcelona | Gran Via #BARCELONA, SPAIN
On behalf of the Board and Officers of EuCornea, it is my great pleasure to invite you to the 6th
EuCornea Congress taking place this year in Barcelona, Spain.
This will be a two-day congress running from 08.00 on Friday 4th September until 17.30 on
Saturday 5th. The venue for the Congress is the Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, where the
XXXIII Congress of the ESCRS, the 3rd WSPOS Congress and ICOI will also take place. This
represents a unique opportunity to share experiences with our colleagues in other ophthalmic
sub-specialties. In light of this collaboration please note that EuCornea delegates can enjoy a
15% discount on the registration fees of the ESCRS, WSPOS and ICOI meetings.
The 6th EuCornea Congress promises to deliver an excellent programme which includes world
leaders in the field of cornea and ocular surface disease. The programme will this year include
three invited symposia, eight Focus Sessions, Instructional Courses and Skill Transfer Courses
and six Free Paper Sessions. Highlights of the Congress will include the EuCornea Medal
Lecture which will be presented by John Dart, focusing on ‘Cicatrising Conjunctivitis Update:
Translating Research into Effective Therapies’ and the EuCornea/ESCRS joint symposium on
‘Cataract Surgery in Ocular Surface Disease’.
I look very much forward to welcoming you to Barcelona for what promises to be
a memorable Congress.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Fira Barcelona Gran Via – North Entrance (Hall 8),
C. del Foc, Barcelona.
All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
Papers will not be accepted on topics related to refractive surgery
Rules & Regulations
* Abstracts submitted in hard copy format will not be considered.
* All submissions must be made online by the deadline, 25 March 2015
* If you are not given access to the Speaker Resource Centre or if your abstract is not visible in the Speaker Resource Centre, this means that your abstract has not been submitted properly. If this happens, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at the EuCornea Office. The organisers will not accept any responsibility for abstracts that have not been submitted properly.
* You must ensure to indicate what type of abstract you are submitting.
* Do not submit more than 1 abstract with the same title.
* All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Programme Committee. The Committee reserves the right to determine whether a free paper submission is accepted as an oral presentation or a poster. The decision of the Committee is final.
* If a paper or poster is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it.
* The presenter must be a registered delegate at the congress and pay all applicable fees.
* Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of presentations.
* All abstracts selected will be posted online at eucornea.org. The abstract will appear exactly as submitted.
* All submitted abstracts must be in English and follow the structured format below:
-Title (250 characters)
-Purpose (50 words max)
-Setting/Venue (20 words max)
-Methods (100 words max)
-Results (100 words max)
-Conclusions (50 words max)
-Financial Disclosure: Please indicate Yes/No
The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. The Programme Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
References and credits cannot be included as part of an abstract.
Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word/s the first time it appears in the text. The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
Indicate whether the presenting author or any co-author has a financial interest in the subject matter or receives money from any mentioned company.
Any financial interest must be included on the first slide of the presentation.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following Presentation Types: Free Papers and Posters
Electronic Poster Presentations
* Authors must present their Poster as a maximum of 6 Powerpoint slides. On acceptance of a Poster Abstract for presentation in Barcelona, the author will be fully informed of the process for the submission and display of their presentation.
* All accepted Free Paper abstracts will be allocated a 6 minute slot.
A combined Sub-Specialty Satellite Exhibition will take place on the 4th & 5th September 2015, in conjunction with the XXXIII Congress of the ESCRS, at the Fira de Barcelona – Gran Via.
The Sub-Specialty exhibition will provide an opportunity to participate in the:
6th EuCornea Congress, 4th & 5th September
7th International Conference on Ocular Infections (ICOI), 3rd & 4th September
3rd World Congress of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (WCPOS), 4th – 6th September
Exhibition space will cost EUR 450 per square metre and will be provided on a space only basis. If you wish to reserve space please log on to the Sub-Specialty Exhibitor Resource Centre (ERC) and complete the booking process. A range of optional extras will be available to order, if required, and will include shell schemes and furniture. Booth space bookings should be completed by May 31st 2015. This exhibition is in addition to the ESCRS exhibition, which will run from the 5th – 8th September.