Abstracts must be submitted online. Abstracts are to be submitted as Microsoft Word documents only using a specific format - a sample abstract template is available (click here to download) online to assist you in this task. We recommend that you use this template and save your abstract before uploading.
- Abstracts must be a minimum of 200 words and no longer than 300 words
- Abstracts must be submitted in Arial 12 point font
- Please do not list authors and affiliations in your abstract, as a blind review process will take place. Instead, author names and affiliations are entered as part of the online submission process
- The paper title must be typed in bold font
- Abstracts must be text only. Graphics, pictures or graphs should not be submitted
Once you have submitted your abstract online, you will receive an email containing your personal access key. This access key can be used to enter the 'Speaker Zone' where you can view or make changes to your submitted abstract.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- 20 minute oral presentation (plus 5 minutes question time)
- Poster display (dimensions of poster - 1m wide x 1.5m high)
The Organising Committee has developed a number of themes that will be addressed throughout the Congress. Themes include:
- Clinical Practice
- Rural & Remote
- Safety & Quality
The Organising Committee also welcomes abstracts that may not fall within the set sub-themes above and more than one sub theme can be addressed.
All presenting authors must register and pay to attend the Congress at the discounted presenter rate. All authors must attend at least the full day of their presentation.
Submission of abstracts implies the author's agreement to publish the abstract in all Congress publications including the web site. Successful abstracts must be presented by the author/s or a nominated co-author.
Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Congress Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Congress.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Congress Program Committee whose decision is final.
All abstracts must be submitted by 5.00pm WST Friday, 4 April 2014.
Authors will be advised of the status of their abstract/s by Friday, 16 May 2014.