8th International Orthodontic Congress
ExCeL London *London, UK Visit the Venue to read more
I am delighted to invite you to the 8th International Orthodontic Congress (IOC) of the World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) to be held in London in 2015.
Once every five years the world’s orthodontists gather to share ideas and expertise, to meet old friends and make new ones and to promote the science and art of orthodontics. The British Orthodontic Society is honoured to have been invited to host this wonderful event in London 2015. Preparations are already well under way. ExCeL has been chosen as the venue, London’s premier exhibition space in the heart of the redeveloped docklands, which offers first class facilities and unprecedented space. The world’s finest speakers have been invited to share their experience, expertise, enthusiasm and the latest research. And last but certainly not least, the social programme is being planned to allow delegates to sample the delights of the world’s most cosmopolitan and exciting city.
London is the perfect place to host the world’s most international orthodontic meeting with its theatres, restaurants, museums and galleries and shops. The transport links are fantastic and being improved further as part of a legacy of the 2012 Olympics. And talking of sport, England is hosting the 2015 Rugby World Cup which coincides with the IOC. So if you are a rugby fan there has never been a better time to visit the UK.
September is a lovely time to visit the UK, but why just come for the congress when you could stay awhile and enjoy all that London has to offer or even explore the beauty and history of the United Kingdom. Please put the dates in your diary and register now to take advantage of the early bird registration rates!
Come to London in 2015 and See the World Smile!
British Orthodontic Society
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
The two primary congress hotels for the 8th IOC – WFO 2015 offered directly by Kenes UK are the Aloft London Excel (located on the ExCeL campus) and the Guoman Tower Hotel by the Tower of London.
To view these and other hotel listings please click on the above link.
For group bookings (10 rooms or more) or if you have any special requirements (interconnecting rooms for children etc) kindly contact:
Ms. Efrat Kilinski
For all other queries related to hotel bookings, please contact the organising secretariat:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7383 8030
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract.
Orthodontists may submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation.
All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for oral presentation (Orthodontic category only), poster presentation or rejected.
Please use Google Chrome or FireFox or Explorer (8 or above) or Safari when submitting your abstract
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS TO THE 8TH INTERNATIONAL ORTHODONTIC CONGRESS – WFO 2015
- The Scientific Committee of the Congress will review abstracts. Following the information regarding acceptance, scheduling information will be sent to the abstract submitter.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
- Please note that each person may submit up to 5 abstracts as a presenting author.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by 2 June 2015 will be scheduled and included in the Final Programme.
- Upon submission, the Abstract Submitter confirms that the abstract has been previewed and that all information is correct, and accepts that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and is aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to publication.
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to the 8th International Orthodontic Congress and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- Upon submission the Abstract Submitter confirms that the contact details saved in the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words (Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Abstract layout – Abstracts must use the following structured format:
- Abstract topic – state 6 keywords relevant to the abstract or indicate using the drop down box
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, PNG or GIF format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes.
For further details regarding sponsorship and exhibition, please contact:
Maya Ravinsky Yatsiv
Tel: +41 22 9080488 Ext 947
Fax: +41 22 9069140