American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (AAOA) Advanced Course In Allergy & Immunology 2018 is organized by American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (AAOA) and will be held from Dec 06 - 08, 2018 at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of
Target Audience :
The Advanced Course is structured for otolaryngologists integrating more allergy assessment and management into their practice, AAOA members providing specialized allergy care who need to remain current with literature-based evidence and practice trends, residents, PA/NPs who work in otolaryngology, and allied health staff who support their physicians in the management of allergic patients. The Advanced Course offers face-to-face opportunities with the faculty to discuss nuances and answer questions.
Course Overview :
The Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology builds on the basic clinical care of allergic patient concepts and techniques presented at the AAOA’s Basic Course in Allergy & Immunology. It delves into concomitant disease, comorbidities, organ-based symptomatology and disease management, and the more complicated patient.
The AAOA CME program centers around clinical issues related to the care of allergy/immunology and inflammatory diseases of the airways and systems related to the head and neck.
The Advanced Course focuses on:
• Immunology and efficacy of Immunotherapy (SCIT and SLIT)
• Diagnosis and management of food allergy
• Diagnosing and managing the pediatric patient
• Advanced topics (aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease, medication allergy, local allergy, stinging insect, skin allergy, oral, ophthalmic, and otologic manifestations)
• Asthma diagnosis and management, including pulmonary function testing
• Learning the latest on Otologic topics and how it relates to allergy, including diagnosis of dizziness, the latest update on Meniere’s disease, migraine associated vertigo, and more!
• Addendum guidelines for the prevention of peanut allergy in the US