Participants who would like to present a video, oral or e-poster presentation should submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee. The abstracts must be submitted in English no later than Monday 5 May 2014.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author's preference for video, oral or e-poster presentation.
The EANS Prague – 15th European Congress of Neurosurgery programme includes dedicated poster viewing time.
The best scored posters will be asked to prepare hardcopy posters and not e-posters.
Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to EANS 2014.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat, and of all communications thereafter.
The presenting author should be the first author listed and is expected to attend the EANS Prague – 15th European Congress of Neurosurgery and present the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors must be registered participants.
Only abstracts of registered authors who have paid their registration fee by Wednesday, 38 July 2014 will be included in the programme and in the EANS 2014 Prague – 15th European Congress of Neurosurgery USB Key
EANS Prague – 15th European Congress of Neurosurgery is an environmentally friendly conference and therefore each participant will receive an Abstract USB Key. Participants will be able to print specific abstracts on-site.
(We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox when submitting abstracts).
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor prior to submission.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
2. Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
- Poster presentation
- Oral presentation
- Video presentation
3. Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
4. Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
5. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
6. Abstract layout - Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Aims of study:
- Case report:
- Background and aims:
- Patients and methods:
- Material and methods:
7. Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Programme.
To preview the topics, please click here.
8. Tables, charts and other graphics are permitted and must be in JPG format and of high resolution – a separate upload button is provided (maximum 1 graphic per abstract & 1 table per abstract).
The maximum file size of for the graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload the graph or image file in JPEG format only.
Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
Please note that a table created within the abstract body text will affect the maximum word count.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts must be submitted through the Congress website.
Please follow the instructions on the abstract submission form step-by-step.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official congress publications.
- Upon submitting your abstract via the Congress website, you will receive an "Abstract Submission Receipt notification" indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED VIA FAX OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.
If you have difficulties in submitting your abstracts or if you need any further information, please contact the Abstract Team: firstname.lastname@example.org