- Abstract submission opens: Monday, 24 February 2014
- Deadline Abstract submission: Friday, 18 April 2014
- Please note that abstracts can only be submitted online
- Please carefully read the abstract regulations before submitting your abstract
With the submission of an abstract to EONS-9, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Warrants that the data and conclusions presented in the abstract have not been published in the same format and with the same title prior to the date of the conference.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- States that, for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate.
- Gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation (oral or poster), to be published in the Congress Proceedings. Submitted abstracts cannot be withdrawn after 15 May 2014.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be submitted in scientific and standard English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts that do not meet the criteria or may request an immediate revision by the author.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts should be organised under the headings:
- Material and method
- Results and discussion
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 2,500 characters (body of the abstract)
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases.
- Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the EONS-9 Congress Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
Novice Research Dissemination Award
If this is the first time you have submitted an abstract for an international conference and you have less than five years’ experience doing research, your abstract may be considered for presentation in the‘New Oncology Nursing Research’ session.
To be considered, you must tick the box entitled ‘Novice Research Dissemination Award’ during abstract submission. New researchers who tick this box and have their abstract accepted will be eligible for this new award.
All abstracts in this category will be judged by a panel, who will select 2 winners. Each award winner will receive FREE registration at EONS 9, plus 1500 Euro to cover travel and accommodation.