As the Program Chair, it is my pleasure to invite you to attend the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (SGI) Summit in Istanbul. As always, we extend a warm welcome to all our colleagues in the industry who share our interest in improving women health. Along with the Honorary President of the meeting, Dr. Serdar Bulun and the conference programme committee, we are lining-up a pretty interesting selection of speakers and topics for you. This conference delivers the most up-to-date and advanced "pure" scientific information for Ob/Gyn professionals for three days. Faculty and other experts will offer remarks on a variety of important issues at specific sessions and lead discussions. Space prevents my mentioning them all, but among the highlights are keynote lectures.
We have a great line-up of key note speakers including:
- Serdar Bulun, MD, President Nominee of SGI, JJ Sciarra Professor and Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Hilary OD Critchley, MD, Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Georgine Lamvu, MD, Medical Director of Gynecologic Unit, Florida Hospital, FL, USA
- Stephen J. Lye, Ph., Past President of SGI, Professor, Mount Sinai Hospital, Canada
- Jo Kitawaki, MD, Professor and Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyoto University, Japan
- Felice Petraglia, MD, Professor and Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Siena, Italy
- Abdulla Al-Khan, MD, Professor, Hackensack University Medical Center, USA
- Manny Alvarez, MD, Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Science at Hackensack University Medical Center, New Jersey, USA
The 2013 SGI Summit provides an unequaled occasion to see some old friends, meet new ones, learn about the recent advances, and participate in discussions about some of the most important issues. It is a brand new program design consisting of roundtable lunches in parallel. You will have the opportunity to meet with the professors personally at the roundtable lunches and exchange the knowledge and experience with them face to face right after the sessions. That will create an opportunity for networking, collaboration, sharing of scientific and technical information and the building of trust relationships internationally.
This conference also promises to advance SGI’s international presence and bring together worldwide members/researchers of Obstetrics and Gynecology Family on a land between Asia and Europe, Istanbul - Turkey. A bridge between the East and the West for centuries, Istanbul is located in the heart of the world, where you will find a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture along with excellent shopping opportunities.
We would like very much to count you among the conference participants, and I encourage you to register now and make plans to join SGI Summit in Istanbul in September 2013.
Professor Erkut Attar, MD., PhD.