European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO) Meets Asia 2018
TBDSingapore, SINGAPORE Visit the Venue to read more
It is with great pleasure that we announce the first edition of the «ESTRO meets Asia» conference which will take place in Singapore, 07-09 December 2018.
The «ESTRO meets Asia» conference has the objective to bring radiation oncology collaboration between Europe and Asia to a new level - regarding science, education, technology and professional development, targeting all professionals working in the discipline (clinicians, medical physicists, RTTs and radiobiologists).
The interactive conference format is designed to enable participants share experiences on practices/operations from both regions and discuss how to facilitate collaboration. The conference will be a platform where participants will learn from each other by embracing the diversity of clinical practices and exploring the development of common solutions to optimise radiotherapy treatment and care for all patients.
The scientific programme, designed in collaboration with FARO and specialists from the Asian region, will be made up of three components: an interdisciplinary component, a radiobiology component and a component focusing on the practice of medical physicists and RTTs.
The interdisciplinary component of the conference will offer teaching lectures, symposia and proffered papers on the latest advancements on the topics of:
· Head and Neck (oropharynx)
· Rare tumours (lymphoma)
· Anal canal / rectal cancer
· Pelvic / gynaecological tumours
· Thorax (breast and lung cancer)
The radiobiology component will draw from the ESTRO Basic Radiobiology Course and will cover mainly:
· A series of basic lectures introducing molecular and clinical radiobiology
· Mechanisms and models or radiation cell killing
· The linear-quadratic approach to fractionation
· Molecular basis of radiation response
· Radiobiology and tolerance of normal tissues to (re)treatment
· Alternative fractionation schedules in radiotherapy
· Tumour hypoxia and the microenvironment
· Combined radiotherapy and chemotherapy
· The volume and dose-rate effect in radiotherapy
· Biological response modifiers (tumours, normal tissues) and molecular approaches to therapy
· Protons and other particles in radiotherapy
· Radiation-induced malignancies.
The third component of the conference is focusing on the practice of medical physicists and RTTs and will cover topics such as:
· From 2D to IMRT: technology, treatment planning, delivery and QA
· IGRT, patient positioning and immobilisation
· Dosimetry, audit and risk assessment
The conference will also include round table discussions on the organisation of education, training and certification as well as sessions linked to ongoing projects such as HERO (Health Economics in Radiation Oncology); GTFRCC (Global Task Force on Radiotherapy for Cancer Control) and GIRO (Global impact of radiotherapy in oncology) under the overall umbrella of advocacy.
We invite you to help us enrich the programme of this conference by submitting an abstract for the conference by 11 June 2018. Also, be on the lookout for a survey that will be sent shortly where we will invite you to share information with us which will help us to design an interactive component of the programme (debates and roundtable discussions) that meets your needs.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Abstracts must be submitted on-line on the ESTRO website at: www.estro.org.
We highly recommend completing your submission early - otherwise authors may experience technical delay due to server overload.
For questions regarding the on-line submission process, please e-mail email@example.com.
With the submission of an abstract for ‘ESTRO meets Asia’ conference, the corresponding (presenting) author:
• Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the abstract and ascertains that all authors are aware of the content before submission
• Accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence related to the abstract and to inform the co-authors about its status
• Accepts to identify any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This includes stock ownership, membership on any advisory boards, commercially sponsored research or any other substantial relationships
• Certifies that the information to be reported is for exclusive presentation in the session to which the abstract will be assigned if accepted and that the information will not be presented as such at any commercially sponsored satellite symposia during the conference.
• Please log in to the abstract submission site with the presenting author login details
• Abstracts must be submitted and presented at the conference in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject an abstract written in poor English.
• Abstracts will be anonymised before review to ensure fairness and eliminate possible bias. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to include the authors’ names or institutions in the body of the abstracts.
• Topic category: choose the topic category that refers to the main subject of the abstract. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to re-categorise the abstract.
• Keywords: You can enter up to three keywords of your choice.
• Presentation preference: authors should indicate the presentation preference (oral, or no preference). Please note that the final decision on the presentation format rests with the Scientific Committee.
• Title: abstract titles should be brief and reflect the content of the abstract. The title (maximum 100 characters) is important since it focuses attention (it is the “showcase” for the presentation). Do not use capital letters in the title except for words that are always capitalised and do not use non-standard abbreviations.
• Body of the abstract: abstracts should be structured in such a way as to include (1) Purpose/Objective; (2) Material/methods; (3) Results; (4) Conclusion.
• The on-line abstract submission procedure: the on-line abstract submission system will not accept abstracts that exceed 3,000 characters (body of the abstract, including spaces).
• The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation must be placed (in round brackets) after the first appearance of the word for which it stands.
• Table and image: with their submission authors may include maximum two (2) uploads (tables or images) in JPG, PNG or TIFF formats. These uploads are not included in the number of characters. The maximum pixel size of an image is 600(w) x 800 (h) pixel.
• Data table: authors may include one data table using the insert table icon (we advise not to copy-paste a table into the body of the abstract). The characters in a data table are included in the overall number of characters allowed.
• Equations: can be inserted in the text as images.
Abstract submission deadline 2018-08-09
An exhibition featuring equipment and pharmaceutical companies as well as medical publishers will be held in the Exhibition area.
The exhibition will be open from Friday 7 December to Sunday 9 December 2018. Entrance is free for all registered participants.
The booking procedure for floor space, satellite symposia, advertising / sponsoring will start on Thursday 24 May at 15:00 CET.
All bookings will be treated on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received before that date will not be accepted.
Corporate Relations Manager
Contact No.: +32.2.775.93.40