Hong Kong International Orthopaedic Forum 2015 – the Combined Congress of HKIOF, APSS & APPOS
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center (HKCEC) *HONG KONG, HONG KONG Visit the Venue to read more
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the Organising Committee, it is our pleasure to welcome you to the Hong Kong 2015 - the Combined Congress of the 12th Hong Kong International Orthopaedic Forum (HKIOF) and the 10th Combined Congress of the Asia Pacific Spine Society (APSS) and the Asia Pacific Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (APPOS) 2015, jointly organised by the University of Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA ).
The Congress will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) on 5 – 7 June 2015. This is the first time that the Hong Kong International Orthopaedic Forum will combine with the biannual combined Congress of APSS and APPOS (formerly known as APOA spine and paediatric orthopaedic chapters). We will present you an exciting programme and unforgettable meeting in Hong Kong. The aim of the Hong Kong International Orthopaedic Forum is to help arouse the interest and awareness of health care professionals of all disciplines to the latest developments in the field of orthopaedic surgery. This year, we will expand our scope by co-organising the combined meeting with the largest regional orthopaedic association APOA .
The Asia Pacific region has very diversified cultures and economies. Each country faces very unique challenges in managing even very common orthopaedic diseases. We hope this meeting can bring together experts in the region to share their knowledge in the management of many challenging orthopaedic diseases in Asia Pacific.
We look forward to seeing you at the combined Congress in Hong Kong.
Professor Kenneth Cheung
Asia Pacific Spine Society (APSS)
|Michael To||Hong Kong|
|Bobby Ng Kin-Wah||Hong Kong|
|Wang Chow||Hong Kong|
|Jack Cheng||Hong Kong|
|Julyn A Aguilar||Philippines|
|In-Ho Choi||South Korea|
|Mark Chii-Jeng Lin||Taiwan|
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Location: 1 Expo Dr, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
- Scientific Abstracts: Your scientific abstract must contain:
- A descriptive title, list of authors and institutions;
- An introduction/rationale to the study;
- The methods used;
- The results of the study including new data not previously published or presented at a major national or international meeting; and
- The conclusions of the study. The conclusion shall not state "The results will be discussed."
It is recommended that the abstract content shall be segmented by the following headings: RATIONALE, METHODS, RESULTS and CONCLUSIONS.
- Case Reports:
- Interesting and unique case reports will be considered for presentation at the Congress.
- Each abstract should describe only a single case report.
- Case report abstracts must contain the following four components:
- A descriptive title, list of authors and institutions;
- An introduction
- A description of the actual case report
- A discussion of the novelty and importance of the specific case
It is anticipated that 50% or fewer of the case reports will be accepted.
Abstracts that do not meet these minimum criteria will not be accepted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Presenters must be registered to the Congress to be eligible to present the study.
The abstract must be submitted in English. If accepted, the abstract must be presented in English.
- Each abstract should have a distinctive hypothesis or include a unique methodology that is clearly differentiated from the other abstracts submitted by a single research group.
- An abstract that fails to meet these criteria will be considered a duplicate.
- Duplicate abstracts from a single research group will be rejected.
4) Research Funding Source
All abstracts must specify the funding source. Compliance to this rule is a prerequisite for review. Abstracts of research funded by tobacco industry sources (whole or in part) will not be considered. If you have no specific funding source, please indicate "none."
It is required that all authors listed on the abstract have knowledge of the abstract submission.
6) Abstract Length
The total word count of an abstract may not exceed 400 words (not including title, authors' information, institutions, tables, images and spaces between words).
You can include up to 1 table OR 1 image.
8) CORRECTIONS/ WITHDRAWALS
- No corrections will be allowed after submitting the abstract. Please proof-read and edit your abstract carefully before submission.
- If you wish to withdraw your submitted abstract after the abstract submission deadline, please email to Hong Kong 2015 - the Combined Congress secretariat directly.
9) ABSTRACT REVIEW
- Abstracts must meet acceptable scientific and ethical standards, and contain data not previously published or presented.
- You are allowed to state your presentation preference, however, Hong Kong 2015 - the Combined Congress Organising Committee will decide on the presentation format of all accepted abstracts (oral or poster).
- Hong Kong 2015 - the Combined Congress Organising Committee reserves the final decision for all submitted abstracts.
10) ABSTRACT PRESENTATION
- The person assigned as the Presenting Author of accepted abstracts will be expected to present the study. If the Presenting Author is not available, a co-author is allowed to present the paper (subject to the Organising Committee’s approval).
- Presenting author must be registered for the conference.
- Authors scheduled for a poster presentation will be assigned poster board space for a specified period.
- Oral presenters will present a short PowerPoint presentation, followed by discussion.
- Those abstracts selected for short talk session will be given a short presentation.
- Under no circumstances will changes be made to the abstract schedule.
11) E-MAIL NOTIFICATION
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent electronically to the Presenting Author after 28 February 2015 at the email address provided in the online submission. It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to ensure that the email address is correct.
- If you have not received your email notification by 15 March 2015, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All accepted abstracts may be published in the University of Hong Kong Journal. By submitting, you will transfer the copyright of your abstracts to the University of Hong Kong.
Mr. Damian Fry
Hong Kong 2015 - the Combined Congress of HKIOF, APSS & APPOS Secretariat
MCI (Hong Kong)
Suites 2807-9, 28/F, Two Chinachem Exchange Square
338 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2911 7988
Fax: (852) 2572 0484
Suites 2807-09, Two Chinachem Exchange Square
338 King’s Road, North Point
T: +852 2911 7988
F: +852 2572 0484