Inflammatory Bowel Diseases – 10th Congress of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation (ECCO 2015)
CCIB – Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona #BARCELONA, SPAIN
I am delighted to announce that the ECCO Congress 2015 will be held in Barcelona, Spain on February 18-21, 2015. This will be the 10th Congress of the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation. Our congress has grown over the years to become the major educational event, both clinically and scientifically, in the field of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) in Europe and has achieved immense popularity across the world.
ECCO 2015 in Barcelona will again offer a broad and exciting scientific programme, covering all aspects of adult and pediatric care, of medical and surgical advances, aspects related to costs and quality of care, and the increasing knowledge about the role of the environment in IBD. Our aims remain to advance the understanding of the causes of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, to share and discuss top-line results of therapeutic agents and algorithms, to stimulate and promote the implementation of guidelines, to ultimately further improve patient care. By promoting research, integrating basic science and clinical practice, fostering international collaboration and friendship, IBD experts strive to bring hope and comfort to the many people who suffer from IBD.
As was also the case in the previous years, we think that the success of the ECCO Congress lies in the format of one scientific “menu” put together thoughtfully by a team of excellent chefs. Forget about difficult decisions on which dish to choose from a very full menu, ECCO offers you once more a 8-course menu spread over 2 ½ days. Each course represents a very actual theme and integrates clinical aspects with scientific and translational data. The menu is poured with the very best oral presentations and poster sessions of accepted abstracts. We continue to promote our ECCO Fellowships and Grants and the programme also contains many other educational activities (appetizers!) before the start of the congress, such as the 13th IBD Intensive Advanced Course for Junior Gastroenterologists, the 8th Y-ECCO Workshop, the 4th Clinical Trials’ (ClinCom) Workshop, the 9thNurses’ N-ECCO Network Meeting and the 6th N-ECCO School. So check out our Congress website (www.ecco-ibd.eu/ecco15) and register on time as places are restricted for some activities!
I look forward to seeing you in Barcelona in February 2015 and on behalf of the whole ECCO team I extend a warm welcome to you all!
ECCO President & Chair of Organising Committee
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
For this year's congress destination, Barcelona, hotels ranging from 5* level to 3* economy level have been listed, from the most elegant and stylish to the very business-like. All the hotels are located either in the city center or close to the congress venue. Rooms will be assigned on a "first come, first served" basis. Early booking is highly recommended. All room rates are in EUR (Euro), per room and night including breakfast, VAT and Barcelona Tourism Tax.
To make your hotel reservation, please use our online hotel booking system.
For group hotel bookings (more than 10 rooms), please contact our housing partner Kuoni Destination Management directly email@example.com with your requirements.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Kuoni anytime per email at firstname.lastname@example.org, they are happy to be of assistance!
All mentioned rates are quoted in Euro.
The authors should choose one topic only for every abstract submitted. If an abstract fits into more than one of the topics below, choose the most appropriate one.
Topic 1: Basic Science
Topic 2: Clinical: Diagnosis and Outcome
Topic 3: Clinical: Therapy and Observation
Topic 4: Epidemiology
Topic 5: Genetics
Topic 6: Microbiology
Additional topic - “Nurses abstracts”: Nurses may submit their scientific works in the category “Nurses abstracts”. Out of all submitted nurses abstracts, three abstracts will be selected for oral presentation during the 9th N-ECCO Network Meeting and a number of abstracts will be selected for poster presentation.
Abstract rules and regulations
- The submitter certifies to be an investigator with a substantial involvement in the study presented in the abstract and having the right to submit and present the study.
- The submitter accepts responsibility for the accuracy and scientific content of the submitted abstract (please proofread the abstract carefully prior to submission!)
- The submitter accepts to be the contact person for all correspondence about the abstract and to inform co-authors about its status.
- The submitter confirms that all co-authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented. Furthermore, the submitter will be responsible for obtaining, and, upon request, providing proof that all authors have given permission for the submission of the abstract and agree on its content.
- Statements such as “data will be presented” in the abstracts are likely to lead to rejection of the abstract.
- Abstracts that include clinical trial data should follow the CONSORT statement.
- Any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract needs to be identified. The submitter is requested to tick the “Conflict of interest” box when submitting the abstract and to provide disclosure of interests and relationships through the abstract submission programme for each author. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate-sponsored research, or other substantive relationships.
- When selected for presentation, the copyright of the abstract is released to ECCO and permission is given for the abstract to be published in the JCC Abstract Book 2015, as well as on the ECCO Website and possibly an ECCO mobile application.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the abstract in the session and at the time decided upon by the ECCO Organising Committee. Any change in the presenting author needs to be communicated in the form of a written statement to the ECCO Scientific Committee. Failure to present the abstract for other than well-founded reasons will lead to rejection of abstracts submitted at the next ECCO Congress. The registration fees for the presenting author will not be waived.
European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO
Seilerstätte 7/3, A-1010 Vienna, Austria.
Tel: +43-(0)1-710 2242-0
Fax: +43-(0)1-710 2242-001