Dr. Thomas Stavros, author of Breast Ultrasound, Dr. Kevin Kelly, along with supporting faculty present standard and emerging breast imaging techniques for both early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer. The emphasis will be on the macroscopic histology and pathology, correlated with the sonographic appearance of benign and malignant abnormalities (contrasted with pattern recognition techniques). Sessions will be augmented by a three-stage learning process of (1) conventional didactic format (with PowerPoint slides and illustrative images); (2) simulated real-time scanning review (checkpoints) of selected sessions with high-resolution cine presentations on computer workstations (one for every two attendees); (3) hands-on, faculty-mentored workshops. Supplementary screening materials and other new developments in breast ultrasound are also presented.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for Radiologists, Surgeons, Sonographers, and Mammography Technologists with better-than-average skill in breast ultrasound, and an interest in improving those skills in screening for, and diagnosing breast cancer.
Upon completion of this educational activity, the participant should be better able to:
· Utilize ultrasound effectively to reduce the failure in cancer detection before the next mammogram
· Provide attendees with the tools to better discriminate between breast cancer versus benign lesions
· More appropriately select lesions for biopsy
· Should have a greater appreciation of the potential of ultrasound in the screening environment
- Learn the ultrasound skills required for a breast specialist and the benefits from acquiring those skills
- Discover a decade of cancers in complete breast cine loops at your computer workstation
- Fulfill scanning and interventional ultrasound requirements for Breast Center of Excellence status
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. and Breast Ultrasound Education, LLC. The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.