Following four successful editions in Barcelona, Spain, the fifth edition of the International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology (ICHNO) will be held from 12 to 14 February 2015 in Nice, France.
The European SocieTy for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO), the European Head and Neck Society (EHNS) and the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) with other European partners have the pleasure to invite you to participate in this conference.
This biennial conference promises once again to provide a unique platform for the dissemination of the most relevant and cutting edge science and innovation in the field of head and neck oncology. This conference has been shaping up to be a major international event in promoting multidisciplinarity in head and neck oncology.
With major emphasis on multidisciplinarity and innovation, this meeting will specifically cover the main following topics:
- New insights in the epidemiology and prevention of H&N cancer
- Oncogenesis, HPV related cancers, immunology and vaccination
- Updated results of practice changing randomised trials
- Multidisciplinary management of H&N cancers
- Molecular targeted therapies & molecular imaging
- Novel radiation and surgical treatments
- Towards individualized management of H&N cancer
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Reconstructive and salvage surgery
- Elderly patients, co-morbidities and their impact on management
- New insight in systemic treatments of H&N cancers
- Thyroid , Nasopharynx cancers & rare H&N cancers
- Quality of life, supportive care and management of treatment side effects
The format of the meeting will include prestigious invited ‘state of the art lectures’; lectures on the latest innovative approaches; as well as proffered papers and poster presentations of new data in the field of head and neck oncology. The programme will be enriched by pro and contra debates and Interactive tumor board sessions where the audience will have the possibility to participate and share their input via electronic voting system. There will be also a special focus on presentations of new data from practice changing randomised trials. Ample time will be given to discussions to allow in-depth interactions among the various disciplines and the participants.
To stimulate multidisciplinary interactions among the various specialists, all the lectures, debates, tumour boards and proferred papers will be given in the same conference room.
It is hoped that the mix of a rich and challenging scientific programme coupled with the enticing atmosphere of the city of Nice will convince you to attend this 5th International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology.
Chairpersons of the 5th ICHNO conference
Jean Bourhis Amanda Psyrri René Leemans
ESTRO ESMO EHNS