MSACL EU is an off-shoot of the highly successful MSACL US conference that has been held in San Diego since 2008. The conference provides a forum for discussing the clinical application of mass spectrometry by bringing together academic and industrial experts in the field with those driven to explore and understand more about the potential application and benefits. The mission of MSACL is to accelerate the implementation of mass spectrometry in the clinical laboratory to the end effect improved patient standard-fo-care and reduced health care costs.
MSACL invests a significant amount of resources in education via the MSACL Travel Awards, which support conference attendance:
- Young Investigator Awards: Young investigators, in the first four years of their academic position, who submit an abstract which is accepted for presentation (poster/podium) at the annual conference. Applicants must submit ashort application.
- Trainee Awards: Lab Directors-to-be interested in learning more about what mass spectrometry is and how it could potentially improve results and reduce costs in their clinical laboratory are not required to submit an abstract, but must submit a short application.
It's the abstracts that make the meeting. If you are working in clinical mass spectrometry and have compelling research, submit your abstract for presentation at the MSACL EU Conference.
MSACL focuses on topics including pain management, microbiology, toxicology, proteomics, metabolomics, tissue imaging, and regulations and standards. A comprehensive list is below. Let us know if there is another topic area that you think should be added.
Expected Topics for MSACL 2014 EU
*Note: Abstracts are solicited for the topics listed below, however, if no abstracts are submitted and accepted on any given topic then it will not be covered at the conference.
- Disease Markers
- Fundamentals : General
- Fundamentals : Metabolomics
- Fundamentals : Microbiolgy
- Fundamentals : Proteomics
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Molecular Diagnostics
- New Advances
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- Pain Management
- Proficiency Testing
- Regulations & Standards
- Sample Prep & Automation
- Small Molecule Analytes
- Tissue Analysis
- Tobacco Exposure
- Translational Mass Spec
- Various OTHER
The target audience for this program includes pathologists, clinical laboratory directors and scientists, mass spectrometry and automated sample processing providers as well as laboratory diagnostic providers. This program will be beneficial to healthcare administrators, laboratory quality control and standards scientists, as well as those responsible for implementation of clinical analyses for emergency response due to terrorism or accident.