Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders & Obesity
Karstens AucklandAuckland, NEW ZEALAND Visit the Venue to read more
Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders & Obesity is organized by The Australian Centre for Eating Disorders (ACFED) and will be held during Dec 10 - 12, 2018 at Karstens Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand. The target audience for this medical event is counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, addiction specialists, doctors, psychiatrists, nurses and social workers at all levels of experience and qualification.
NOTE : If you are an Accredited Practicing Dietitian this course is not suitable for you, but we would love to meet you on our Eating Disorder Essentials or Obesity courses.
Conference Description :
Our 3-Day course teaches health professionals who encounter eating disorders and obesity in the course of their work to understand basic nutritional strategies which are used as part of the management of these conditions.
Helping your clients with obesity is not about calories in vs calories out, dieting or weight loss. In fact, we know those approaches don't work and can lead to shame, feelings of failure and weight gain. Rejecting diet culture, education about nutrition, eating and health, and addressing the biochemical imbalances and emotional issues is the key to furthering your clients' mental and physical health.
While treating the behaviour and emotions of Eating Disorders & Obesity is critical, we also need to delve into the what, when and how they are eating to assess the biochemical and neurotransmitter imbalances potentially hindering their recovery. Learning how to support your client with biochemical imbalance doesn't need a chemistry class, but an understanding of what these factors are and how they occur.
You will learn about :
• How nutritional approaches can inform your practice and enhance your work with clients
• How the body uses food and nutrients
• Biochemical imbalances
• Blood sugar and hormone balance
• Digestion and metabolism
• Dietary choices
• Common myths about food, diet and weight control
• Applying your learning to your own relationship with food.
• Working with comorbidities
• Food labelling
• Mindful eating
• A non-diet approach to obesity
• The influence of lifestyle factors
After the course :
• Health professionals who complete the 3-Day Nutritional Interventions course can become an ACFED approved practitioner. You can choose to be included on our database and receive referrals via our website. Your work in the field of eating disorders and obesity will be in demand, and may increase your profitability if you are in private practice and/or may increase your future employment prospects.
• ACFED approved practitioners will be able to use our logo to promote their skills, and they will receive referrals, regular network newsletters and offers.
• This course can also be taken in addition to our 5-Day Eating Disorders Essentials course and our 3-Day Obesity Interventions Course to elevate you to Silver or Gold ACFED Approved Practitioner status.
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Level 4, 205 Queen Street
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Contact No.: 0421 747 129
Contact No.: 0421 747 129