Cleveland Clinic Children’s will present Perspectives in Pediatrics: From Theory to Practice, on May 8 – 10, 2014 at the new Global Center for Health Innovation and Cleveland Convention Center in downtown Cleveland. This live CME-certified educational activity is designed to present an in-depth, evidence-based review of current clinical issues involved in the care of pediatric patients. It is primarily targeted to health care providers in pediatrics, family medicine, and pediatric nurse practitioners; however, all practitioners will be interested in the educational material.
- Discuss how to implement the latest recommendations and address the challenges associated with pediatric immunization.
- Summarize recently published public health reports in pediatric patients and discuss their implications for clinical care.
- Critically evaluate recent trends in the diagnosis and management of adolescent health concerns.
- Present clinical practice updates in behavioral disorders and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obesity, sleep apnea, gastrointestinal disorders, asthma, dermatology, urinary tract infections, and sinusitis/otitis media.
- Screen and identify learning disorders and autism in pediatric patients.
- Accurately perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation when indicated during office emergencies.