On completion of this learning activity, the participant should be able to:
List major causes of acute abdominal pain in the infant and child that can be diagnosed with ultrasound imaging and describe the key ultrasound findings of each.
This is an ONLINE CME activity consisting of a streaming video lecture. CME for this activity is awarded by the Institute for Advanced Medical Education (IAME).
CME Provider Statement
The IAME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The IAME designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada and many other credentialing organizations (but not ARRT).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Principal Faculty and Their Credentials
Harriet J. Paltiel, MD
Physicians who perform and/or interpret diagnostic ultrasound procedures. Sonographers and allied health personnel who perform such procedures will also benefit from this learning activity
In order to complete this program you must have a computer with a recent browser version. You must also have the capability to display and print PDF files in order to view and print out your certificate.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
1. Read this CME Overview page that states the target audience, learning objectives, and author disclosures.
2. Study the educational content online by viewing the streaming video lecture. YOU MUST ALLOW THE VIDEO TO PLAY ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE END IN ORDER TO TRIGGER THE "Get Certificate" BUTTON.
3. At the end of the lecture, confirm that you have completed viewing the video by clicking the "Get Certificate" button
4. Complete an evaluation of the learning activity.
5. Complete an educational needs assessment form (only required once per year).
6. Check out, paying any required fees.
7. Receive your Certificate.
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, all individuals in control of the content of this CME tutorial are required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) or provider(s) of any commercial service(s) discussed in this program.
Dr. Paltiel discloses no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
No one at IAME or MedimageWorld, LLC/SonoWorld who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.