Westchester Cardiovascular Symposium 2017
Hilton WestchesterRye Brook, USA Visit the Venue to read more
Westchester Cardiovascular Symposium conference is organized by Westchester Medical Center (WMC) Health and would be held on Oct 12, 2017 at Hilton Westchester, Rye Brook, New York, United States Of America.
The Westchester Cardiovascular Symposium is a 2.5 day conference that will address current, controversial, and challenging issues in the fields of heart failure, valvular heart disease, ischemic heart disease, cardiac electrophysiology, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.The hypertrophic cardiomyopathy session will be open to patients and interested members of the community, in addition to physicians and health care professionals, and highlights the acquisition of this new program
Target Audience :
This educational program is designed for physicians including cardiovascular specialists, internists, primary care practitioners, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, technicians and other health professionals involved in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of patients with ischemic heart disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The hypertrophic cardiomyopathy session is also designed for patients with this disease, family members, and members of the wider community interested in this disease.
Westchester Medical Center has applied for 17 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits for this symposium. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Conferences Objectives are:
This symposium has two primary objectives: to provide an educational platform on heart failure, ischemic heart disease, valvular heart disease, cardiac electrophysiology and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a comprehensive program that includes interactive discussions and case presentations offered by experts in the field, and to provide an opportunity for health professionals in the New York Hudson Valley region to network and exchange ideas on
• Understand the importance of certain interventions in the timely delivery of the best care for patients with ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Utilize the most appropriate antithrombotic treatments for ACS patients destined to undergo CABG, PCI, or noninvasive medical therapy.
• Recognize the new developments and the increasing role of mechanical assist devices in the treatment of patients with advanced heart failure. Accordingly, select appropriate patients who may benefit from the implementation of this therapy.
• Understand the importance of certain interventions in the prevention of ischemic heart disease, including the treatment of hypertension and hypercholesterolemia. Utilize the most appropriate antiplatelet agents for patients with stable and unstable coronary artery disease.
• Recognize new developments in technologies and approaches to revascularization for patients with complex coronary artery disease, including chronic total occlusions and left main disease.
• Define the current understanding of the benefits and risks of antiarrhythmic therapy and anticoagulation in the management of patients with atrial fibrillation.
• Understand current diagnosis and management modalities in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, including advanced imaging, electrophysiology devices, surgery and alcohol septal ablation, and a review of national guidelines, and define roles for community screening to prevent sudden cardiac death in children and adults. Understand future therapies including novel pharmacotherapy and gene-based individualized therapy
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
699 Westchester Ave
Rye Brook, New York, United States Of America
Contact No.: 914.493.5756
Contact No.: 914.493.5756