Dear Friends and Colleagues,
On behalf of the entire members and staff of Taiwan Association of Family Medicine, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the city of Taipei and thank you for joining us for the Wonca Asia Pacific Regional Conference, which will be held on Mar. 4-8, 2015, at Taipei International Conference Center.
The conference will be arranged to focus on issues related to family medicine, with emphasis on the latest research breakthroughs and the immediate challenges we face. Renowned doctors and researchers have been invited to give lectures for the event, making this year's conference in Taipei an event not to be missed.
It is an honor for us to host the Wonca Asia Pacific Regional Conference and we strive to make the event as worthwhile for you as possible, so please enjoy the conference and have a good time while you are in Taiwan.
Tai-Yuan Chiu, M.D., M.H.S.
WONCA 2015 Asia Pacific Regional Conference
Taipei International Convention Center (TICC) #Taipei, TAIWAN
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
The conference is being held at the Taipei International Convention Center (TICC), fully-equipped to provide multi-functional and state-of-the-art facilities for all sessions and workshops. TICC is a spectacular testament to the emergence of Taipei as a world-class business destination. The conference center is situated in the Taipei’s Hsin-yi District, an area that shines with glass and steel skyscrapers, trendy shopping centers, and entertainment districts. It is also the site of Taipei 101, one of the tallest buildings in the world.
The 21st Wonca AP Regional Conference Committee cordially invites you to submit an abstract(s) for poster or oral presentations. The submission of abstracts will provide authors a great opportunity to communicate the most recent experience and scientific breakthroughs in the field of Family Medicine to the delegates of Wonca 2015 APRC.
The abstract submitted must follow the theme of “Family Medicine: New Horizons and Challenges”. Wonca 2015 APRC welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field in the following scientific categories:
Conference theme: Family Medicine: New Horizons and Challenges
- A-1 Pre-travel immunizations, counseling and medicine
- A-2 Periodic health examination
- A-3 Preventive services
- A-4 Disease screening
- A-5 Chronic disease management
- A-6 Geriatric care
- A-7 Palliative care
- A-8 Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- A-9 Personal Medical Home
- A-10 Coordinated care
- B-1 Geriatric Medicine Training for Family Physician
- B-2 Core curriculum for six ACGME competence
- B-3 Use of information technology in resident education
- B-4 Assessment in resident training program (evaluation tools, monitoring, portfolio... )
- B-5 Postgraduate year training for community medicine
- B-6 Continued medical education
- B-7 Faculty development
- C-1 Accountable care system in primary care
- C-2 Family Physician Integrated Care system
- C-3 National health insurance in primary care sector
- C-4 Shared care program and pay for performance
- C-5 Quality assurance in primary care
- C-6 Age friendly health care system
- C-7 Gender friendly health care system
- C-8 Family physician and long term care
- D-1 Telemedicine and community Care
- D-2 Electronic Medical Record
- D-3 Personalized health care and Apps for mobile devices
- D-4 How to improve the quality of Family Physician System
- D-5 Primary care research network
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstract
- All applications should be submitted online at www.wonca2015taipei.com. The deadline for submission is September 1, 2014.
- The abstract must be written and presented in English and be selected for types of presentations by author.
- Type of presentation: Poster Only (90 cm width and 150 cm height) or Poster/Oral (15 minutes).
The "Abstract Text" should cover "Background/Purpose", "Methods", "Results" and “Conclusion" four sections and should not exceed 350 words.
The submitter should ensure correct spelling, grammar and scientific facts in the abstract as corrections can't be made once it is submitted.
- The author has to verify that the abstract will be published as conference proceedings in the form and condition it was submitted.
- Individuals are allowed to submit multiple abstracts.
- An abstract that has been previously published will not be accepted.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee. Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to presenting and corresponding authors by October 1, 2014.
- If the presenting author of accepted abstract has not yet registered for the conference, it is advised to register prior to the early-bird registration deadline.
September. 1, 2014
|Deadline of Abstract Submission|
October 1, 2014
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance|
October 31, 2014
|Early Bird Registration Deadline|
December 31, 2014
|Online Registration Ends|
Withdrawal of Abstracts
If the presenting author does not submit the abstract before the submission deadline (September 1) and register before the online registration deadline for early-bird (October 31), the abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the final program. If you must withdraw an abstract, please notify the secretariat in writing as soon as possible.