World Dental Federation (FDI) Annual World Dental Congress
Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre *BANGKOK , THAILAND
FDI is delighted that the 2015 Annual World Dental Congress will be taking place in Bangkok, Thailand. After our 100th anniversary Hong Kong in 2012, this is the second time in three years that our Federation has demonstrated its confidence in the Asia Pacific region as an area of growth and development in the field of dentistry and the dental sector.
Built in 1997, the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Center (BITEC) is today a highly acclaimed exhibition venue, accessible from Bangkok itself by the renowned Skytrain.
The range of congresses organized each year is astonishing, bearing witness to the confidence of international event organizers. Bangkok itself has a wide choice of hotels and other accommodation and service is always first class; a very hospitable local population and superb local cuisine and entertainment complete the picture of a truly top-level venue. I have made numerous visits to both Bangkok and Thailand over the last twenty years and have always been personally impressed by the organizational skills of my Thai colleagues and the warmth of the welcome.
Geographically, Thailand is situated on the Mekong River, one of the main trade arteries of South East Asia, China’s south-western province of Yunnan to Laos, Burma (Myanmar) and Thailand to the south. It is, according to economic commentators, among a group of Asian countries likely to provide significant growth opportunities in the dental market due to the rising population and increasing per capita incomes of the large middle class populations.
Furthermore, rising awareness levels about dental and oral health and hygiene will ensure a constant increase in the consumer population opting for dental services. A Universal Coverage programme, implemented in 2002, gives Thai citizens better access to health services, including dental services.
The World Dental Exhibition has been an integral part of the FDI Annual World Dental Congress ever since 1929, when an Oral Health Exhibition first took place in association with the 23rd FDI Annual Session in Utrecht (Netherlands). Dental exhibitions play an essential role for dentists and other oral health practitioners: where else but at a dental exhibition can they find and examine the latest in technology and products to recommend to patients?
With enviable figures for economic performance, a rapidly growing dental sector, a trade strategic location, an international airport hub, Bangkok is a perfect location for an FDI Annual World Dental Congress. It is a place to share views and launch debate among a wide and diverse dental community and, together, devise strategies for the most pressing issues of oral health and public health, from educational reforms to policy and funding.
Tin Chun Wong
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
General submission rules
- Authors can submit abstracts for oral presentation and poster for the AWDC 2015.
- The final presentation type of the accepted abstract is under the discretion of congress scientific committee.
- All abstracts must be prepared in English only.
- Abstract shall not be longer than 250 words.
- Abstract title must be less than 10 words and express the researches essence.
- Name, last name, title, institution, city and contact details of authors shall be stated clearly.
- Presenting author shall be stated in the system.
- Abstract body shall not include any indication of the personal details of authors.
- Avoid reference to institution names, locations, or funding sources in the abstract.
- Abstract (except for case reports) shall include specific sections (see below)
- Abstracts of the unfinished researches will not be evaluated.
- No tables, charts or graphics shall be included in the abstracts.
- The abstract has not been submitted and accepted at another national or international scientific meeting
Online Abstract System Procedure
General Dentistry and Oral Health
2.5 Public Health
An industrial exhibition area will be available throughout the congress. Exhibition spaces are available on the ground floor which is the same floor as the main scientific sessions will be held. Candidate exhibiting companies are oered the choice of exhibition space according to the FDI Sponsors’ priority list. After the selection of exhibition space for priority companies, exhibition space will be available for allocation for all companies after November 30, 2014 on a first come first served basis.
• Exhibition prices include shell scheme stand design which includes: 1 table, 2 chairs, fascia board, basic carper and electricity for 4 days, 2 spotlights and electrical power point in each shell scheme stall.
• Third person liability insurance is mandatory. More information on insurance packages will be released with exhibition manual on May 1, 2015.
THE DENTAL ASSOCIATION OF THAILAND
71 Ladplaw 95 Wangthonglang Bangkok 10310,Thailand.
Tel: +662 539 4748 Fax: +662 514 1100
Website : www.fdi2015bangkok.org or Email at : firstname.lastname@example.org