World Psychiatric Association Thematic Conference on Intersectional Collaboration, 5th European Congress of the International Neuropsychiatric Association & 2nd Interdisciplinary Congress on Psychiatry and Related Sciences (WPA-2014)
Divani Caravel Hotel *ATHENS , GREECE
It is a special pleasure to invite psychiatrists, basic and clinical neuroscientists, social and behavioural scientists as well as any professional involved in mental health to a joint congress event consisting of the 'World Psychiatric Association Thematic Conference on Intersectional Collaboration’, the 'Fifth European Congress of the International Neuropsychiatric Association’ and the 'Second Interdisciplinary Congress on Psychiatry and Related Sciences'. These congresses are organized jointly by the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), the International Neuropsychiatric Association (INA) and the Hellenic Society for the Advancement of Psychiatry and Related Sciences (HSAPRS); moreover, they are being co-sponsored by the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP), the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation (WAPR), the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA), and the European Family Therapy Association (EFTA). Having been honoured through the active engagement of so many respectable international scientific organisations, our main aim is to promote the interface and interaction among various disciplines as they relate to Psychiatry. As ambitious as it might be, our effort in planning the congress programme shall be to seek for any convergence of these disciplines in quest of constructive synthesis, which could eventually lead to the betterment of research outcome and clinical care in Psychiatry.
The joint congress you are invited to will take place in Athens from 30 October to 2 November 2014 and it is hosted by HSAPRS. It actually represents a continuation of a series of biannual congresses which had been regularly organised by HSAPRS since 2004.
Ιn the upcoming 2014 Congress, the many prominent scientists who will feature as our guest speakers and who will share with us their knowledge and experience are the best guarantee toward a successful outcome; yet, we kindly request and count on your own active participation through the presentation of your work on any of the topics listed in this brochure. Your submissions will be most welcome and your particular contributions highly appreciated. The hosts shall spare no effort in making your participation scientifically rewarding and meaningful and your stay in Athens as enjoyable as possible. We are confident that you will carry pleasant memories of this occasion. So just reserve your dates; we are looking forward to welcoming you in Athens.
|Pedro RuizWPA President|
|Dinesh BhugraWPA President|
|Dimitris DikeosINA President |
|Constantin SoldatosHSAPRS President |
Group registrations not allowed
Accompanying persons not allowed
We don’t accept Online Abstracts
Submission InfoPlease read the below information before entering the on-line abstract submission system:
- The first step to follow before submitting an abstract on-line is to login, by creating your own username and password required by the system. The username and password is to be used for any future visit to the Congress on-line services (registrations, hotel accommodation, etc.).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English through the on-line abstract submission form. Abstracts sent in other languages and/or by fax, e-mail or hard copy (paper copy) will not be accepted for evaluation.
- During your abstract’s on-line submission, you will be requested tochoose the topic of your preference (please choose the topic that is most appropriate for your abstract), as well as the type of presentation (Free Communication, Poster Presentation or Case Report). Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to request the change of your abstract’s presentation type and/or topic, according to the Scientific Program’s specifications and needs.
- Your abstract should be submitted until August 30, 2014 the very latest.
- Pre-registration of at least one of your abstract’s authors until September 30, 2014 is a prerequisite for its presentation in the Scientific Program and its publication in the Congress printed material.
- All received abstracts will be evaluated by the Congress Scientific Committee.
- Your abstract’s corresponding author will be notified of the evaluation procedure’s results until September 15, 2014.
- In an attempt to encourage more colleagues to present scientific work and promote opportunities for young psychologists to present at the congress, the congress organizers would encourage those groups who submit more than one abstract to try and ensure that the presenting author is not always the same or senior author.
- - Abstract texts for Free Communications and Poster Presentations should have the following structure: a) Introduction, b) Methods, c) Results, d) Conclusion.
- The abstract texts for Case Reports should be structured: a) Introduction, b) Clinical c) Description, d) Discussion, e) Conclusion.
The texts must be a maximum of 500 words.
- If the study has been supported by a grant, please indicate the source of funding at the bottom of your abstract.
- Number references should be placed in the order they appear in the abstract.
- If an author wishes to withdraw a submitted abstract, a written request should be sent to the Congress Organizing Bureau.
- For any corrections in an already submitted abstract, the submitting author may enter the on-line system and proceed accordingly only if he has marked his abstract in a “Pending” status (please see instructions available during the on-line abstract submission procedure). After the expiration of the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will automatically be turned to a “Confirmed” status; no changes will be allowed from that point onwards.
Mrs Penelope Mitrogianni at email@example.com